The Student Room Group

Glasgow A100 Applicants - 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Original post by sweetchilli
think was c. 702.5 mark but one of the current applicants/offer holders may have an accurate figure.

Thanks for this.
Reply 1861
Yeah, it was just marginally over 700 =] Best of Luck Becky!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by becky900
I'm thinking of applying here for 2015. Does anyone know what the cutoff for UKCAT was this year?

Well I got exactly 700 and got an offer, so it might have been 700.
Reply 1863
Original post by emily-fields
Well I got exactly 700 and got an offer, so it might have been 700.

Thanks for this. Gives me something to aim for.
Reply 1864
Do u reckon they would accept someone with 4As and a B at higher in S5?
Reply 1865
Original post by :D'
Do u reckon they would accept someone with 4As and a B at higher in S5?

http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/medicine/#tabs=2
Look at the above link. AAAAB does not meet the minimum standard for Glasgow. You would probably be wasting an application but you could always call them to double check.
Has anyone on the waiting list heard anything yet?
Nope :frown: fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone on the waiting list heard yet?

If not when do you expect we'll be hearing.
Also should we phone in to check or not?
Original post by Spogharmony
Anyone on the waiting list heard yet?

If not when do you expect we'll be hearing.
Also should we phone in to check or not?

Have you got your grades yet? If you know you did well, feel free to give them a call to find out what their plans are about releasing wait list places.
I applied to the 5 year course as a graduate and got rejected without interview. Do you think if I call them and they still have places available they could offer me a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrWally
I applied to the 5 year course as a graduate and got rejected without interview. Do you think if I call them and they still have places available they could offer me a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say there's no harm in trying but if you haven't had an interview it's highly unlikely. They usually have a waiting list of people they've interviewed anyway and then offer the spare spaces to the people at the top.
I got the email about the waiting list, so I just rang them up, and they said that no positions were free this year for those on the waiting list :/
Just found out i made it in through clearing!! :biggrin: totally thrilled, but also so much to do now.. Looks like im really going to struggle to find any accommodation this late.
Reply 1874
Original post by IngridK
Just found out i made it in through clearing!! :biggrin: totally thrilled, but also so much to do now.. Looks like im really going to struggle to find any accommodation this late.

They had places on Clearing?? That's unusual. Well done!
Original post by Cephalosporin
Hey everyone,

I have yet to find a thread dedicated to Glasgow Medical School so decided to make one.

Here is an updated Admission Guide:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_278060_en.pdf

Revent's FOI request:
http://blog.unireq.co.uk/medicine/admission-statistics-2011-12/university-of-glasgow/

:love: I love Glasgow and I am definitely going to apply this cycle - anyone else with me? :smile:
Hi is there a 2015 Entry threat yet? Thanks
Reply 1876
Original post by lisa789
Hi is there a 2015 Entry threat yet? Thanks

Hi,
The 2015 thread is here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2768152
Guys i got 637.5 in my UKCAT, will that be okay for University of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen. Any of them....:smile:
Original post by secondarkhan
Guys i got 637.5 in my UKCAT, will that be okay for University of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen. Any of them....:smile:

Should be fine for Aberdeen, not sure about the others
Hey guys!

I am a graduate, predicted a 2.1 in my degree (Biomedical Science) , UKCAT 655, band 1.
I am thinking about applying Glasgow, but like everyone else it seems, I'm worried about my UKCAT score.
Also just to clarify, as a graduate, my AS/GCSE grades will be irrelevant right?
Anyone have any ideas on whether I should apply to Glasgow? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending