The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No it's a whole section on properties such as Ductility and Hardness and the atomic/metallic structures that relate to each

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
Yeah it's not really the understanding that's the problem for me, it's the fact the lessons/book is badly structured so you don't know what you are supposed to be learning half the time
Reply 582
Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah it's not really the understanding that's the problem for me, it's the fact the lessons/book is badly structured so you don't know what you are supposed to be learning half the time

Yes, the first thing my physic teacher told was to sell the textbooks, and get the revision guide. It all depends on the teacher. If your teacher does not structure the lessons in a logical order it's up to you to fix what goes where according to the specification.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk
Reply 583
Ew had my unit 1 mock yesterday which went horribly.
Teacher gave us all past papers and yet picks the hardest and obviously the one i hadn't got to during revision, for our mock -.-
Frustrating really since he lead us down a path of 'ah im doing alright im actually understanding the work' to a mock with questions of an alien language.
Oh AQA do be nice in May.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do people usually find understanding processes harder or easier than Physics in Action?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benwalters1996
Do people usually find understanding processes harder or easier than Physics in Action?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it all depends on the person, I prefer Physics in Action as I find it more interesting
Where would i even start with this question?

Jan 2013 Physics in Action ImageUploadedByStudent Room1388354726.468282.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where would i even start with this question?

Jan 2013 Physics in Action ImageUploadedByStudent Room1388354726.468282.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at the peaks the spectrum and the higher harmonics, this is a pretty difficult question to answer.
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Look at the peaks the spectrum and the higher harmonics, this is a pretty difficult question to answer.

So the lowest peak is #3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand the question too well, it is very difficult

In terms of my humble self it is easier to understand processes - and more interesting - if Physics is in action. That applies to all (natural) sciences!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 592
Is it just me that is finding the OCR A Physics exam papers weird? Like the 3 mark questions? They're so random and there no set way of doing them, you just have to guess! How should I practice these? It's not like they're similar in the method to use when working them out.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1388365110.284576.jpg

For 8)c)i apparently i need to times it by 8..why?? *confused*

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Sorry it sent it twice)
Reply 595
(Sorry it sent it twice)

8 bits = 1 byte

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 597
Anyone doing/done a Physics ISA? Im on AQA A, got mine upcoming in January.
How about people on OCR ?
I believe I have my Physics ISA/IAA either in early/end of february.
Original post by Fade
Anyone doing/done a Physics ISA? Im on AQA A, got mine upcoming in January.
How about people on OCR ?

I do OCR B and we have done half of our C/A. I am not sure on when we are going to finish it off.

Latest