The Student Room Group

Chemistry book recommendations

I'm looking for a Chemistry book that is basically an equivalent to the Campbell Reece Biology books for undergraduates studying biology modules at university. I found the book really useful (at AS), as it takes a topic and explains it with a clarity that I haven't come across in A level textbooks - as well as expanding on these topics into more detail not on the A level Biology specification. Any chemistry book that provides references to A level topics taken to a higher level of detail (as well as having other interesting topics that have nothing to do with A level at all) would be great .
Original post by pseudoword
I'm looking for a Chemistry book that is basically an equivalent to the Campbell Reece Biology books for undergraduates studying biology modules at university. I found the book really useful (at AS), as it takes a topic and explains it with a clarity that I haven't come across in A level textbooks - as well as expanding on these topics into more detail not on the A level Biology specification. Any chemistry book that provides references to A level topics taken to a higher level of detail (as well as having other interesting topics that have nothing to do with A level at all) would be great .

I am not aware of the A level you are talking about..but Organic Chemistry by Jonathan Clayden is one of the best for Organic Chemistry
Reply 2
When I was doing A Level Chemistry I used Chemistry3^{3} by Burrows et al to give me a more in-depth understanding of the topics.
Reply 3
I don't know what the Campbell Reece biology books are like, but I agree with the recommendation of Chemistry3. It's probably the best over-arching bridging text you will find.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending