The Student Room Group

Entry test Medical University Pleven (2021)

Hi everyone, I applied for Pleven and I have to take the test in 2 days. I already got a 90% in both chemistry and biology, how does it work for the grades got in the entry test? The university website says: "The ranking score is calculated as a sum of:
- The high school Diploma grades in Chemistry and Biology equated to six point system which is official for Bulgaria
- Biology and Chemistry Entry tests results multiplied by two
The possible maximum ranking score is 36."
So, does anyone know how many points do I have to achieve to pass it?
I'll wait for answers, thank youu:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm also unsure. I have an A and B for my A levels in bio and chemistry. I asked my agent at medical doorway and he said it was 50% to pass.I also saw this info about the ranking score on the Pleven website which confused me.My offer letter didn't mention anything about that; it only mentioned that I was required to 'pass' the exams.Going by what my agent has said, I guess It's 50%?
Reply 2
Original post by sepat22
Did u happen to get ana answer - was it over 50? Or was it best ranked

R u also giving entrance exam of pleven this year in November?
Reply 3
hey! Im taking the entrance exam of Pleven on November this year, are you taking it as well?
Reply 4
Original post by mohpace
hey! Im taking the entrance exam of Pleven on November this year, are you taking it as well?

Yeah i am
Reply 5
Original post by Ov990
Yeah i am

oh nice! other than the sample test provided on the website what else are u using to prepare for the entrance exam? or recommend using?
Reply 6
Original post by mohpace
oh nice! other than the sample test provided on the website what else are u using to prepare for the entrance exam? or recommend using?

I didn't hired any agency so just sample nd preparation of topics
seems like lot of us taking entrance exam in nov, best of luck tho
Reply 8
Any of u guys have past papers of pleven not the sample i am asking of past papers
Reply 9
Original post by omonspeaks.
seems like lot of us taking entrance exam in nov, best of luck tho

When it comes to preparing for the chemistry part of the entrance exam how do you actually prepare for it? other than the one sample test provided on the website which is not enough, any recommendations?

one more thing did you purchase the chemistry questions & answers handbook from the university’s library? if yes how did u do it? I'm having trouble with it.
thanks in advance!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mohpace
When it comes to preparing for the chemistry part of the entrance exam how do you actually prepare for it? other than the one sample test provided on the website which is not enough, any recommendations?

one more thing did you purchase the chemistry questions & answers handbook from the university’s library? if yes how did u do it? I'm having trouble with it.
thanks in advance!

Im actually preparing from Ncert its an Indian curriculum book.
my friend actually passed after studying from the same.

And no i did not buy the handbook.
Original post by mohpace

thanks in advance!

in the end how did you do on the entry exam, was it hard? Also, how did you study for it? Do you think the CGP book is enough?
Original post by omonspeaks.
Im actually preparing from Ncert its an Indian curriculum book.
my friend actually passed after studying from the same.

And no i did not buy the handbook.

Is it possible you can share the cutoff ranking for last year?
Original post by Anonymous
in the end, how did you do on the entry exam, was it hard? Also, how did you study for it? Do you think the CGP book is enough?

I haven't taken the exam yet, ill be taking it on the 14 of November in 3 weeks' time. When it comes to studying for the exam I recommend you focus on the topics that you will be tested on. Firstly go through the exam syllabus for both biology and chemistry that is provided by the uni because they are the topics that you will be tested on. Then ill start by solving the sample tests provided by the uni since they are very identical, and most of the questions are repetitive or simply rephrased. it is very important that you go through them!!

when it comes to what book to use, I suggest you use a book you are familiar with as long as it is A level or simply search on yt for the topics that you want to study. After you got a good grasp of the topics on the syllabus start with solving the sample tests for biology and chemistry.

There is also a chemistry questions & answers handbook that you can buy from the uni. If you haven't bout the book yet just let me know and ill send you a pdf copy of the book :smile:

btw are you taking the exam on the 14 of November?
Original post by mohpace
I haven't taken the exam yet, ill be taking it on the 14 of November in 3 weeks' time. When it comes to studying for the exam I recommend you focus on the topics that you will be tested on. Firstly go through the exam syllabus for both biology and chemistry that is provided by the uni because they are the topics that you will be tested on. Then ill start by solving the sample tests provided by the uni since they are very identical, and most of the questions are repetitive or simply rephrased. it is very important that you go through them!!

when it comes to what book to use, I suggest you use a book you are familiar with as long as it is A level or simply search on yt for the topics that you want to study. After you got a good grasp of the topics on the syllabus start with solving the sample tests for biology and chemistry.

There is also a chemistry questions & answers handbook that you can buy from the uni. If you haven't bout the book yet just let me know and ill send you a pdf copy of the book :smile:

can you share your instagram id ?
or any contact ?
Is it possible you can share the cutoff ranking for last year?

i don't have an idea about it.
Original post by mohpace

Could you please send me the pdf of Chemistry handbook?
Thanks in advance
Could you please send me the pdf of Chemistry handbook?
Thanks in advance

add me on ig "mohpace" and send me your email so that I can send you the pdf file :smile:
Original post by mohpace
add me on ig "mohpace" and send me your email so that I can send you the pdf file :smile:

Thank you so much.
Reply 19
Original post by mohpace

Bro i messeged u on IG can u please reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending