The Student Room Group

University entry requirements

I'm currently in 6th year, and last year I didn't do very well in my exams, due to lack of effort I got a C in higher English, and then some int 2's. The course I am hoping to apply for require BBCC or BBBC. It doesn't state that it has to be in the first sitting so I am hoping to get the rest of my highers this year. I am studing higher French, geography, business management and admin. The course I want to study is international tourism management. Do I have a chance of getting a conditional and if I do, what do you think my offer would be? (I am thinking of applying to Robert Gordons, Napier and Queen Margarets, as they have the lowest entry requirements). Thanks!!
Original post by adelaideelspeth
I'm currently in 6th year, and last year I didn't do very well in my exams, due to lack of effort I got a C in higher English, and then some int 2's. The course I am hoping to apply for require BBCC or BBBC. It doesn't state that it has to be in the first sitting so I am hoping to get the rest of my highers this year. I am studing higher French, geography, business management and admin. The course I want to study is international tourism management. Do I have a chance of getting a conditional and if I do, what do you think my offer would be? (I am thinking of applying to Robert Gordons, Napier and Queen Margarets, as they have the lowest entry requirements). Thanks!!

All you can really do is try, it is quite a tricky question to answer because it also depends on how many applicants they get and how you measure up to their grades. It isn't a very good position to start in but even if you don't get in this time around, if you get good grades in your highers (preferably an A somewhere in there) then you may be able to go the following year.
Reply 2
These days, universities only really care about A's and B's. But, the A's are seen to balance out the C's. Sometimes.

You have a C which does give you a fighting chance. Your conditions for next year, depending upon the stated entry requirements, will be at the very least, BBC. Realistically though, you're probably looking at needing BBBC or BBBB.

My friend got into a Napier course which requires BBBB, with ABC in his first sitting, then BBC in his second (which were his conditions). That means he got ABBBCC overall. And that's what they wanted over 2 sittings. If that's anything to go by, it means you'll be more likely be asked for ABBB. But who knows, it depends on the application.

Good luck! And hope I helped.

Quick Reply

Latest