The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by LeJennifleur
I'm far more productive at night, so in the holidays where I have loads of revision to do I start working in the late afternoon to early evening and keep going until about 4-5am. I go to sleep about 6-7am and sleep until around 2pm :tongue: Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but it's the best time to revise because it's so quiet, not much happens on the Internet and I can't just, like, go walking round my house or anything to distract myself.

Everyone on this thread seems to be nocturnal Haha! I have the issue with 12 and 15 year old sisters who talk/scream/make noise non stop between 10am and 10pm making both sleeping and revising nearly impossible -.-

Oh well literally 4 weeks and it's all over yay
Original post by hotliketea
it's only soft determinism - Bowlby isn't saying it's definitive , he's saying it's very likely :smile: so make sure you draw that distinction

jenny i have given up on my document hahaha i was trying to stop everyone having to repeat themselves but i have failed

Ok thank you! And can I just ask, you know evolutionary explanations for aggression (infidelity and group displays) are they both post hoc? Thanks
:smile:
Original post by needsomeadvice12
Ok thank you! And can I just ask, you know evolutionary explanations for aggression (infidelity and group displays) are they both post hoc? Thanks
:smile:

yep , all evolutionary theories are post hoc :smile:
Any predictions?
I'm doing Aggression, biological rhythms and Sleep for Unit 3

Schizophrenia, media and Research Methods for unit 3

I'm worried I've left it too late. I only have a week :frown:
Original post by Nabihah
Any predictions?

Wish I could help but I don't do any of those topics (besides RM :tongue:). But it's never too late, keep going!
Original post by Nabihah
Any predictions?

i'd say it's almost impossible to predict application of psychology in PSYA4

but i have a document which i've collected everyone's predictions on for PSYA3 - some are missing but yeah
Original post by kited4
Everyone on this thread seems to be nocturnal Haha! I have the issue with 12 and 15 year old sisters who talk/scream/make noise non stop between 10am and 10pm making both sleeping and revising nearly impossible -.-

Oh well literally 4 weeks and it's all over yay

I have the same issue with a 13-year-old brother screaming all day on the XBox, hence why revising at night is bliss :biggrin: But yeah, can't wait to be finished and just hibernate for a few weeks!
Original post by SeventeenSeconds
There are so many exams on the same day as unit 3! I have English that same day too, and I think there's also a lot of chemistry (?) exams on the same day.
Could be worse, you could have three exams on that same day :tongue:

Yh my friend has econ english and psya3 on the same day

but i have a document which i've collected everyone's predictions on for PSYA3 - some are missing but yeah

Thank you soooooo much!!
Does anyone have any good AO2/A03 for the mirror neuron system please?

I've only got a few sentences each for Gazzola et al Oberman et al and Hadjikhani et al. Plenty info for IDAs for this questions but could do with either methodological criticism for these studies or one more detailed study to criticise the MNS.
yep , all evolutionary theories are post hoc :smile:

Hey:smile: Why would it be post hoc? Doesnt post hoc mean if its done after the experiment? Like Cummings et all study where he gave his questionnaire on whether they were dieters or not after the actual experiment? :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by Kay(:
Anyone got any IDA's for Kohlberg's cognitive developmental theory??

I'm just sorting out AO1 for this at the moment but after a quick look over notes, I have gender bias?

Most of the studies were carried out using American males and when females were later tested, they achieved a lower level of moral development than males (stage 3 rather than 4). Kohlberg conclued that females were less morally developed than men but the difference could be explained because women were being judged against a male standard. Gilligan argues that women reason differently from men basing their decision on an ethic of care rather than one of logic and justice. This does not mean that they're not as morally developed

I've also gone with critiquing stage theories as presented by Turiel (1983).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Priya08

Oh my, that's so unfortunate! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LeaX
ok, thank you i'll do that. :smile:

i swear there is not enough hours in the day, i've been trying to do 2 hrs per exam which is 8 hours a day and i need 10-12 hours sleep, ahh lol

What haha I barely do like 2 hours a day overall lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Priya08

Do they have to sit all three on the same day or what happens there then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeventeenSeconds
Oh my, that's so unfortunate! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :/

Original post by jennyp33
Do they have to sit all three on the same day or what happens there then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh she has to sit them all on that day unfortunately :/ her hand will definitely kill by the end
Original post by Nabihah
Any predictions?

First off, (I don't want to potentially scare you :/), but bio rhythms and sleep are the same topic (as far as I'm aware) and you need 3 topics for unit 3 :/

please correct me if I'm wrong!
Original post by AdzyN
Barely any confident at allll... My teacher isn't really good and neither have I had much time to study for it... Guess I'm gonna need to start on it ASAP

ohhh dang, i would have struggled so much in economics if it wasn't for my teacher, he inspired me to go and study it at University haha, but yeah if you're not feeling confident get on it, Unit 3 is considered to be the hardest out of the 4.
Original post by heart17
Hey:smile: Why would it be post hoc? Doesnt post hoc mean if its done after the experiment? Like Cummings et all study where he gave his questionnaire on whether they were dieters or not after the actual experiment? :smile:

post hoc literally means 'after the event' , so an evolutionary explanation is trying to explain things that happened a long time ago (after the event)

Latest

Trending

Trending