The Student Room Group

BPS Accreditation of Undergraduate Psychology Honors Degree from Panjab University, C

Hello! I'm currently in the final year of my BA Psychology (Honors) Degree from Panjab University, Chandigarh.

I'm planning to go to the UK for my MSc Organisational Psychology degree.

But I'm not sure if I'm eligible for GBC by BPS. Can anybody confirm if Panjab University Psychology (Hons.) Degree is eligible for BPS accreditation?

Thank you!
Doubtful, pretty sure the BPS only directly accredits UK psychology degrees. You can probably request they review your degree for accreditation in retrospect (and pay for that) although I imagine it is expense.

Do you need a BPS accredited undergraduate degree for your desired degree path? If so then you may want to look into BPS accredited conversion masters degrees instead. If not then you're fine even without :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Doubtful, pretty sure the BPS only directly accredits UK psychology degrees. You can probably request they review your degree for accreditation in retrospect (and pay for that) although I imagine it is expense.

Do you need a BPS accredited undergraduate degree for your desired degree path? If so then you may want to look into BPS accredited conversion masters degrees instead. If not then you're fine even without :smile:

Thank you for your reply! I'm going to apply for BPS accreditation anyway but I'm just looking for someone from Panjab University, Chandigarh who can confirm the eligibility for accreditation.
Original post by I_K_00
Hello! I'm currently in the final year of my BA Psychology (Honors) Degree from Panjab University, Chandigarh.

But I'm not sure if I'm eligible for GBC by BPS. Can anybody confirm if Panjab University Psychology (Hons.) Degree is eligible for BPS accreditation?

Thank you!

Your existing degree is not BPS accredited. They began accrediting courses delivered outside the UK in 2014/15, but no longer do so; some existing accreditations remain. Yours was never accredited. To see the list, select Course Type = Undergraduate Programmes and Region = Overseas from this page.

You will need to submit an individual application for Graduate Membership to BPS, and have them properly assess eligibility for the GBC based on the qualifications you have. Alternatively, as @artful_lounger says, you could take a BPS-accredited conversion course.
Reply 4
Original post by I_K_00
Thank you!

Hello there, did you try to apply for accredition?
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest