The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IllmaticDragon
Not in the top band-so max of 11 or 12 (which isn't that bad really)

i saw saw a script where a guy got marked down from 12 to 9 for no IDA. So it's not too horrible a situation-better no IDA than bad IDA

So this 11/ 16 or 11/24?
How many IDA per question are you ment to do? I think I only wrote 1/2
Original post by Hannah196
Im sure it was out of 24?

24 :smile:
Original post by TheGameOfScience
yep your right deindividuation was right, you could use slt but i used deindividuation.

Since it was the social psychological explanation of aggression, is institutionalisation not applicable??:confused:
Original post by Chloeboath
How many IDA per question are you ment to do? I think I only wrote 1/2

That'll be fine. It's all you need! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGameOfScience
LOOOL dont worry too much, they cant negative mark you so its all good as long as you have 4 points worth of a01 and i am not going to lie i really wanted to talk about mice too lol

I went full on challenge hypothesis and low 5-HIAA metabolite in suicide & psychiactric patients caused impulsive behaviour.. which could lead to aggression :/
Does criticising a study for being oversimplified count as an IDA?
(Original post by TheGameOfScience)
yep your right deindividuation was right, you could use slt but i used deindividuation.

Since it was the social psychological explanation of aggression, is institutionalisation not applicable??

For those of you who wrote about institutional aggression, this is what the examiners report said for the question that was similar to this in june 2012:

Some weaker responses appeared to be pre-prepared answers on institutional aggression,
which earned marks when factors were explicitly presented as social psychological

In other words as long as you related it to social and psychological explanations, you could gain marks. Also its guaranteed that there are hundreds of other people that made the same mistake so AQA could be generous and mark it
Original post by lala saab
in the exam if you dont remember the researcher name but the study can you still get full marks

Yes you can :smile:
For those wondering the past raw marks needed to achieve an A in PSYA3 (from the AQA website):

June 2013 - A = 43
Jan 2013 - A = 42
June 2012 - A = 43
Jan 2012 - A = 45
Jun 2011 - A = 46
Jan 2011 - A = 44
Jun 2010 - A = 47
Jan 2010 - A = 43

Mean 44~ Raw Marks
What topics are everyone doing in PSYA4? Mine are:
-Schizophrenia
-Addiction
-RM
Original post by ZS_
So what topics is everyone doing for PSYA4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Schizophrenia, media and research methods
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SeventeenSeconds
That'll be fine. It's all you need! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank youuu!
Any predictions for phobia? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chubbybunnyy
Since it was the social psychological explanation of aggression, is institutionalisation not applicable??:confused:

yep as long as you relate it social psychological as susan 1112 quoted
Original post by can'tbeleftblank
Are you doing the goth or the pastoral? :P I'm doing the Gothic, and am literally just planning every past paper question, re-reading the books and learning at least 20 quotes with literary elaborations attached to it.
Same for ZS_, (can't figure out how to quote two people :/)

Pastoral, its so boring and I have planned the past papers, I forgot I needed to reread the books lol, I shall do that tonight then learn quotes tomorrow lol
Original post by bazinga123!
What topics are everyone doing in PSYA4? Mine are:
-Schizophrenia
-Addiction
-RM

Snap!
Are people starting PSYA4 tonight ? Or taking a break ? x
Original post by Omar6000
For those wondering the past raw marks needed to achieve an A in PSYA3 (from the AQA website):

June 2013 - A = 43
Jan 2013 - A = 42
June 2012 - A = 43
Jan 2012 - A = 45
Jun 2011 - A = 46
Jan 2011 - A = 44
Jun 2010 - A = 47
Jan 2010 - A = 43

Mean 44~ Raw Marks

Ooof. June 2010 was a cheeky little bugger.
Original post by Omar6000

June 2013 - A = 43
Jan 2013 - A = 42
June 2012 - A = 43
Jan 2012 - A = 45
Jun 2011 - A = 46
Jan 2011 - A = 44
Jun 2010 - A = 47
Jan 2010 - A = 43

Mean 44~ Raw Marks

I assume you just add another 5/6/7 marks on top of that to get an A*?

Latest

Trending

Trending