The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone get any IDA for the psychological explanation of sz and the issues with classification? Thanks
please can someone explain to me how you know if a result is significant?
Original post by marieeeeee
How is everyone revising for anomalistic? I'm just rewriting my notes hoping they'll sink it 😪

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am and same. My brain feels so dead. I'm going to repeatedly go over it tonight and do past papers tomorrow D: I've left it so late
Does anyone know if in the media topics it asks for findings of research studies can I still use theory such as SLT for my A01 ?
Original post by Maisie10
please can someone explain to me how you know if a result is significant?

For chi and spearmans if the test statistic is greater than CV then reject ho

For will and man if test startisric is greater than cv the you don't not reject ho
Does anyone have any reaerch methods notes they don't mind sharing it? Please pm or whatever suits you the best! Pleaase! In return I'm willing to trade for my a* essay for sz:smile: please
Does anyone have any recommendations for timings? Not sure how long to dedicate to RM. Thanks! :smile:
Does anyone else feel really screwed for this exam or is it just me? I hardly know anything and I've been reading through my notes today and haven't absorbed a single study effectively to write about it. Ugh...
Anyone else feel like this is simply an exercise in who can learn a text book best ? Rather than understanding ?
Original post by EmilyStrange13
Does anyone else feel really screwed for this exam or is it just me? I hardly know anything and I've been reading through my notes today and haven't absorbed a single study effectively to write about it. Ugh...

Me too :frown: I'm just revising things over and over in my head until they stick, even when I'm cooking/walking/sleeping/showering and hope that something will stay put :redface:
What AO1 points would you write about in the Psychological explanations of Schizophrenia? Do you have to do a lot of them in little detail or could I just do psychodynamic, cognitive and one from the socio-cultural factors, like expressed emotion for example? And then evaluate those? For some reason I haven't written an essay on it!
Original post by Elle.eve.1995
Anyone else feel like this is simply an exercise in who can learn a text book best ? Rather than understanding ?

Yes, most definitely. There are like WAY too many studies and researchers names to remember that I've gotten to the point where I really couldn't care less about revising anymore. I mean the only people who will be getting those good marks will be the ones who have excellent memories whereas those who cannot retain as much will not do as well. It makes me SO mad... Sorry I had to let my frustration out and I hope I haven't offended anyone whilst doing that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes, most definitely. There are like WAY too many studies and researchers names to remember that I've gotten to the point where I really couldn't care less about revising anymore. I mean the only people who will be getting those good marks will be the ones who have excellent memories whereas those who cannot retain as much will not do as well. It makes me SO mad... Sorry I had to let my frustration out and I hope I haven't offended anyone whilst doing that.

Lol I feel exactly the same I'm just learning things to recite them in the exam particularly in unit 3!
Original post by can'tbeleftblank
Me too :frown: I'm just revising things over and over in my head until they stick, even when I'm cooking/walking/sleeping/showering and hope that something will stay put :redface:

I can't wait till it's all over.... Good luck!
Original post by Emilie_
What AO1 points would you write about in the Psychological explanations of Schizophrenia? Do you have to do a lot of them in little detail or could I just do psychodynamic, cognitive and one from the socio-cultural factors, like expressed emotion for example? And then evaluate those? For some reason I haven't written an essay on it!

You don't have to do all of them I'm doing cognitive and socio-cultural life events and double bind
For anomalistic, I've found that I have an average of only 1 study per spec point. Does anyone also only have this amount too? Worried that I'll need to find more! For psya3 I learnt like 5-6 per possible question, so it feels weird only knowing 1 for each...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, most definitely. There are like WAY too many studies and researchers names to remember that I've gotten to the point where I really couldn't create less about revising anymore. I mean the only people who will be getting those good marks will be the ones who have excellent memories whereas those who cannot retain as much will not do as well. It makes me SO mad... Sorry I had to let my frustration out and I hope I haven't offended anyone whilst doing that.

Totally agree, especially with the removal of January exams and then them getting rid of AS levels as well. These exams aren't tests of knowledge or how you apply that knowledge, it just seems to be whether or not you can memorise so many cases :mad:
Original post by Elle.eve.1995
Lol I feel exactly the same I'm just learning things to recite them in the exam particularly in unit 3!

Me too, I forget almost everything like a day or two after the exam so it feels like I haven't really learned anything and that I only remembered all of the stuff from Unit 3 to pass the exam. I really regret spending all my revision time on Unit 3! >.>
Reply 9998
I don't get significance, like when they ask you if something is significant in research methods? :/
Hi for media does anybody know the max number of marks for each question, because there's no essays on this topic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending