The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophie1994
About how many pages is everyone writing for 1 essay under 30 mins timed?

Can do around 7 in 90 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile

around 2 and a half pages for a 24 marker.
(edited 10 years ago)
7 sides of paper, I aim do 2.5 sides per 24 marker. In just a single 30 minutes I could do more but that isn't what we have to do :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1383

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wellll in my mock I wrote 9 pages in total for all 3 essays but I write abnormally fast
Good to see everyone writes more or less around 3 pages. I dread doing psychology revision because my hand always ache from writing non stop! I wonder if there are pens we can invest in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1385
Good to see everyone writes more or less around 3 pages. I dread doing psychology revision because my hand always ache from writing non stop! I wonder if there are pens we can invest in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yes! I try to vary it a bit, most of the time I type the essays over and over again, also speak them out (and sing them if no one's home :wink: ) otherwise my hand falls off
AHHHHH I can't do any past papers yet!
Original post by kited4
Haha yes! I try to vary it a bit, most of the time I type the essays over and over again, also speak them out (and sing them if no one's home :wink: ) otherwise my hand falls off

That's a good method but I find information imbed more into my head from writing. The only issue is that I pressed so damn hard and my hand gets serious cramps from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a good method but I find information imbed more into my head from writing. The only issue is that I pressed so damn hard and my hand gets serious cramps from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats my worry aswell, i type my essays more time because i'd kill my self writing them all the time but i do get worried it won't stick in my head when i do attempt to write it, so when i've learned them all, i'll just do none stop writing out over and over and over...:redface:
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
around 2 and a half pages for a 24 marker.

pages or sides?
Original post by tolaaani
pages or sides?

pages.
pages.

so 4 and a half sides for each 24 marker?

that's nuts lol, wish I could write that much
so 4 and a half sides for each 24 marker?

that's nuts lol, wish I could write that much

yes lol, it kind of is usually its around 4 sides though. How much do you write?
yes lol, it kind of is usually its around 4 sides though. How much do you write?

I have big handwriting and I only managed 3 sides when i practised my parental investment essay, so 1.5 pages.... but when I look at it, it doesnt event seem like that can be worth 24 marks lol (tbf, that was done in 25 minutes so I could probably add a few more evaluation, and push it to 3 and a half sides)
I have big handwriting and I only managed 3 sides when i practised my parental investment essay, so 1.5 pages.... but when I look at it, it doesnt event seem like that can be worth 24 marks lol (tbf, that was done in 25 minutes so I could probably add a few more evaluation, and push it to 3 and a half sides)

ah right, nope 1 and a half pages is more than enough for a 24 marker. Need to condense my essays lol: Quality > Quantity :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
ah right, nope 1 and a half pages is more than enough for a 24 marker. Need to condense my essays lol: Quality > Quantity :wink:

oh okay thanks for the reassurance!

I've got a question if someone has 140 ums at AS and then 84 at unit 3, what mark is needed for an A or an A*? so confused. I know 96 would make it an A* but then what is needed for an A?
(edited 10 years ago)
I've got a question if someone has 140 ums at AS and then 84 at unit 3, what mark is needed for an A or an A*? so confused. I know 96 would make it an A* but then what is needed for an A?

I think in that scenario, the only way to get an A is to get an A*

Lmao don't know if that makes sense, but 320 - 140 and 84 = 96! so in essence this would give you an A but bcos of the 90ums average thing, you would get an A*

So you can only get an A* with these marks, because if you dropped one ums and only got 95ums, this would give you a B overall so yeah you can't actually get an A because what is needed for an A (with these particular grades) is exactly the same as the ums needed for an A*

Hope that makes sense!
I think in that scenario, the only way to get an A is to get an A*

Lmao don't know if that makes sense, but 320 - 140 and 84 = 96! so in essence this would give you an A but bcos of the 90ums average thing, you would get an A*

So you can only get an A* with these marks, because if you dropped one ums and only got 95ums, this would give you a B overall so yeah you can't actually get an A because what is needed for an A (with these particular grades) is exactly the same as the ums needed for an A*

Hope that makes sense!

makes sense cheers!
what's this follow thing? I'm being followed :ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending