The Student Room Group

Kings College London

Hi my predicted grades are ABB, I was wondering if I would get into KCL on the M100 with these grades? Need to know ASAP as I am submitting my application on Monday. Thanks
Original post by sarlou232
Hi my predicted grades are ABB, I was wondering if I would get into KCL on the M100 with these grades? Need to know ASAP as I am submitting my application on Monday. Thanks

Given that they want A*AA it would appear unlikely. Even if they gave you that offer, what chance have you got of achieving it - or possibly coming very close?
Law is one of the most competitive subjects and KCL set their required grades that high because they know there are hundreds of applicants out there with those grades and above.They do not need to be 'kind' to someone with ABB to fill the course. Your chances of an offer from KCL therefore are zero.

With your grades, and for Law, a risky choice would be AAB, not A*AA.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I was at the open day a few weeks ago and attended a Q&A session with a director of a Law programme.

Someone asked about their chances of getting in with predicted grades A*AB and the professor said that unfortunately it was unlikely due to the calibre of students that apply.

He said whilst it's rare, it has happened before (students being accepted with grades A*AB) but this is only one grade lower.

On top of this, KCL have an LNAT cut off at 20 this year.

Sorry, I know this isn't what you want to hear, I'm just trying to be informative.
Reply 4
i'm at king's now and unfortunately i've found it's incredibly competitive. i got AAA and i still feel out of my depth around the people here, most are ridiculously smart. for an A*AA course i'm not sure you'd get an offer. i applied to bristol (to do english) which wanted A*AA. being predicted AAA i didn't get in.

although it's a great uni you can get a pretty similar experience anywhere in london - maybe have a look at a few other unis here. good luck.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending