The Student Room Group

Couples Accommodation - Kings College

Hi everyone,

was hoping to ask this question here in case anyone knew anything about the accommodation system that I might not be too sure on,

I received a full ride scholarship from Kings college so I was transferred to that college but I am coming to do my MPhil study with my partner in October.

I know kings has no couples/family accommodation does that mean I have to look for private accommodation or by applying through the Cambridge accommodation service is it possible to get a flat at a different college?

Just checking how the service works,

Thanks guys
Reply 1
Hey mate,
I currently have exactly the same situation (I would like to bring my spouse to London during the postgraduate studying).
I am an international student and have no idea how to rent a place (with private bathroom and kitchen) for a couple. How have you handle this issue? Where did you stay as a result?

Original post by rockwillor
Hi everyone,

was hoping to ask this question here in case anyone knew anything about the accommodation system that I might not be too sure on,

I received a full ride scholarship from Kings college so I was transferred to that college but I am coming to do my MPhil study with my partner in October.

I know kings has no couples/family accommodation does that mean I have to look for private accommodation or by applying through the Cambridge accommodation service is it possible to get a flat at a different college?

Just checking how the service works,

Thanks guys
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by dmitry12335
Hey mate,
I currently have exactly the same situation (I would like to bring my spouse to London during the postgraduate studying).
I am an international student and have no idea how to rent a place (with private bathroom and kitchen) for a couple. How have you handle this issue? Where did you stay as a result?

You said you're in London? :s-smilie: If so, it is much easier to find a flat or room to rent in private accommodation. But most London universities have their own halls of residence for postgraduates as well. :wink:
Reply 3
No, I am not from London but I am planning to go there and study at KCL for MSc. The university does not provide accommodation for couples therefore I have asked how did the author of topic handle this issue (where has he found the place to live). May be you know nice online services where it is possible to book an apartment with own kitchen and bathroom ? :smile:
Original post by thegeek888
You said you're in London? :s-smilie: If so, it is much easier to find a flat or room to rent in private accommodation. But most London universities have their own halls of residence for postgraduates as well. :wink:
Reply 4
No, I am not from London but I am planning to go there and study at KCL for MSc. The university does not provide accommodation for couples therefore I have asked how did the author of topic handle this issue (where has he found the place to live). May be you know nice online services where it is possible to book an apartment with own kitchen and bathroom ? :smile:

SpareRoom :smile: https://www.spareroom.co.uk
Reply 5
Thanks a lot!!! :wink:
Reply 6
Thanks a lot!!! :wink:

You could also try http://www.gumtree.com :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending