The Student Room Group

Higher Biology/Human Biology 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Memetics
Well done man :wink:
Sitting my unit 1 NAB today, and my regular chapter test tomorrow, so we'll see how I compare. :tongue:

Oh, we have got a competition going on now? At least it will give me more motivation to study :wink:
Dont know how you guys are on to Unit Nabs we've barely started :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bromaldehyde

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously?
By next week, all higher class will be on Unit 2 if they aren't already.
You could just be the way your school teaches the course though so you could ask your teachers?
Reply 43
Original post by Pennyarcade
Oh, we have got a competition going on now? At least it will give me more motivation to study :wink:

Damn, 37/40! :tongue: We're even!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That can't be right.What section are you at? Is that the same with all your subjects?
Damn, 37/40! :tongue: We're even!

That can't be right.What section are you at? Is that the same with all your subjects?

We just started Viruses...

Nahp, done NABs in all the rest lol
Reply 45
We just started Viruses...

Nahp, done NABs in all the rest lol

So you've got like 2 periods left, Viruses and Cellular Defense. You'll probably do the NAB Friday/Monday depending on how generous your teacher is.

How'd you find everything else?
So you've got like 2 periods left, Viruses and Cellular Defense. You'll probably do the NAB Friday/Monday depending on how generous your teacher is.

How'd you find everything else?

Well I passed them all, and got A's in all my A/B's, so it's going pretty well so far. Let's hope it stays that way...
Did you guys get a A/B for Biology? We arent getting one :frown:
Reply 48
40/40 on the first nab... not sure how I managed that; relatively easy NAB though.

We've had like 4 already no joke.

Maybe that's why we are a topic behind :P

and well done Claire you genius
Original post by Claire__
40/40 on the first nab... not sure how I managed that; relatively easy NAB though.

Well done, you win this round of TSRs higher biology NAB competition!
Reply 51
Original post by Claire__

Good show :congrats:

And yeah, I've had 2 so far
Good show :congrats:

And yeah, I've had 2 so far

what in? Ive only had one for maths which was the other day..
Reply 53
what in? Ive only had one for maths which was the other day..

I've had 2 in Biology alone. If you want all of them I've had 1 in Math this year(sitting 2 year higher so dosen't really count), 2 in Chemistry, and 2(I think), in physics.
can someone explain to me what linked chromosomes means :colondollar:?
Original post by Apologetic Cube
If each chromosome consisted of just one gene then Mendel's principle of independent assortment would hold true for all dihybrid crosses. However, in reality, each chromosome is composed of a large number of genes and these do not behave independently of one another.

When a cross involved two alleles of two different genes located on the same chromosome, the genes are transmitted together at meiosis and are said to be linked.

cheers man
can someone explain to me what linked chromosomes means :colondollar:?

I think you mean linked genes not linked chromosomes (I don't think that is even a thing), in which case AC's explanation is all good :smile:
Original post by Asklepios
I think you mean linked genes not linked chromosomes (I don't think that is even a thing), in which case AC's explanation is all good :smile:

Yeah, i think the question must have been worded wrong then :tongue:
Reply 58
I'm crashing Higher Human Biology and finding it quite difficult to grasp all the information.
Any tips on how to remember it all?
Original post by kurt123
I'm crashing Higher Human Biology and finding it quite difficult to grasp all the information.
Any tips on how to remember it all?

Getting off TSR and starting to copy out notes is normally a good place to start..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending