University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

me tooo D:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 381
Original post by stylishpop
Yep I got my offer on the 18th of December :smile: what about you?

Congratulations :smile: I got my offer a few days ago so it has been quite a long waiting :biggrin: Is Abedeen your first choice ?
Original post by tina111
Congratulations :smile: I got my offer a few days ago so it has been quite a long waiting :biggrin: Is Abedeen your first choice ?

Thank you, yeah I think so, I'm trying to decide between QUB and Aberdeen lol but Aberdeen is more appealing right now 😃 what about you?
Reply 383
Original post by Sanguina
Ugh, I applied a few days before the deadline in January so I guess I'll have to wait at least a month more. Anyway, hope to see you in September :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my application the 15 January and got a conditionnal offer 2 weeks ago - who knows, maybe you will get a response in a few days. Good luck!
Original post by Kyon404
I got a conditional offer from Aberdeen (BSc in Computer Science and Psychology).
It was my 3rd option, and I'm likely to study in there, since my 1st (Uni of glasgow) was unsuccesful and after reading how depressing is my 2nd choice, St Andrews, I think I've changed my mind...

Glasgow used to be where I wanted to study too, but I realised I'll probably not meet the conditions of the offer. xD Really though, Aberdeen seems like a really nice university and more comfy than Glasgow. So don't be depressed about it! :yep: :thumbsup:
Reply 385
Hi!

I just saw your conversation and I just have to ask, did you got an offer somewhere? I'm applying for anthropology and sociology in Aberdeen and I just got an unconditional offer! ^^
I'm Scandinavian as well by the way, but from Sweden! :smile:)
Reply 386
Original post by MariaKaehne
Hi!

Sorry, but I just came across this thread and saw that you are a Dane, which I am too!
So you are applying for Physics? I am applying for Archaeology and Anthropology! Have you applied for any other Universities in Scotland or UK? And have you heard anything back yet? Sorry for all the questions!

Hi!

I just saw your conversation and I just have to ask, did you get an offer somewhere? I'm applying for anthropology and sociology in Aberdeen and just got an unconditional offer! ^^ So nice to see someone else applying for anthropology! :smile:
And I'm Scandinavian as well by the way, but from Sweden! :smile:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MirAlm
Hi!

I just saw your conversation and I just have to ask, did you get an offer somewhere? I'm applying for anthropology and sociology in Aberdeen and just got an unconditional offer! ^^ So nice to see someone else applying for anthropology! :smile:
And I'm Scandinavian as well by the way, but from Sweden! :smile:)
Hi, lille svensk :smile:

How cool, congratulations!!! :biggrin: When did you get your offer? I still haven't heard anything, it's driving me mad!! When did you send your application off? And have you applied to any other uni's? :smile: I applied through Ucas and have 1 rejection and 2 unconditionals, but it is Edinburgh and Aberdeen that have kept me waiting! Hopefully I will hear from them soon!! :smile: so what got you into anthropology? :smile: xx

How cool, congratulations!!! :biggrin: When did you get your offer? I still haven't heard anything, it's driving me mad!! When did you send your application off? And have you applied to any other uni's? :smile: I applied through Ucas and have 1 rejection and 2 unconditionals, but it is Edinburgh and Aberdeen that have kept me waiting! Hopefully I will hear from them soon!! :smile: so what got you into anthropology? :smile: xx

Funny how 2 unis give you an unconditional and one rejects you straight away. I'm glad to have at least that one unconditional offer, even if all others end up rejecting me. It's obviously a huge gamble (at least for us EU applicants who don't have A levels or any other measure to compare!)
Reply 389
Worried that I haven't got an offer yet. Hoping to study Psychology. But I'm wondering if they get back to Scottish applicants last. Have any other scottish applicants got offers from Aberdeen or anywhere else yet?
Reply 390
Original post by iharrison
Worried that I haven't got an offer yet. Hoping to study Psychology. But I'm wondering if they get back to Scottish applicants last. Have any other scottish applicants got offers from Aberdeen or anywhere else yet?

I'm a Scottish applicant too and I've not heard back yet either! Sent my application on the 16th of December and still heard nothing! :/
Original post by czechmishaout
Funny how 2 unis give you an unconditional and one rejects you straight away. I'm glad to have at least that one unconditional offer, even if all others end up rejecting me. It's obviously a huge gamble (at least for us EU applicants who don't have A levels or any other measure to compare!)
I know, the rejection was my first response as well, so I thought I was doomed and that the others would reject me too. But then I got an e-mail from Durham saying they wanted to conduct an interview with me an that ended with an unconditional offer and a week later Bournemouth gave me an unconditional without interview so. God knows :smile: and yes, at least we know we are going somewhere!
Reply 392
Congratulations to everyone holding an offer :smile: I recived mine last month - unconditional for Biotechnology.
I am so glad the admission officers understood the German A-level. In Glasgow they have no idea how it works.
But anyway Aberdeen was my first choice <3
Reply 393
Original post by MissMysterious
Yup, got a conditional offer for Neuroscience with Psychology a couple of weeks ago. :biggrin: :blush: It'll most likely be my firm choice.

Snap, Do you mind me asking what your offer was ? :colondollar:
Reply 394
Hi everyone,
I sent my application in December and I haven't heard anything back yet, I can't wait. I've applied for Economics with German. My worry is that my reference might have forgotten to write my predicted grades. I can't really know but when I emailed the uni before applying they told me they wouldn't look at an application without predicted grades.
If it happened that my reference did not put them, would I have at least been rejected? Or will I just stay without an answer?
Reply 395
Original post by iharrison

My friend got a conditional for Psychology at Aberdeen back in December/January. She got BBBB in 5th year and her condition is either an A/B in psychology this year i think.
Reply 396

Hallå hallå lilla dansk! Hehe

Thanks! It feels pretty good! ^^ Ah really, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon! Congrats to your other offers, that's awesome! What universities have given your an offer? I've applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow and St. Andrews but haven't heard from them yet. But I'm pretty happy with Aberdeen ^^
I think I sent mine the 14th of January, so quite late hehe ..
I just randomly took a course here in Gothenburg (where I'm from) and just fell for it. How about you? Are you currently living in Denmark or? :smile: xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 397
Original post by stylishpop
Thank you, yeah I think so, I'm trying to decide between QUB and Aberdeen lol but Aberdeen is more appealing right now 😃 what about you?

Yes, Aberdeen is my first choice :smile: If I would get an offer from Edinburgh I would have to reconsider the whole thing though :biggrin:
I think sociology is very good at Aberdeen and the courses look interesting...
I got an unconditional offer for psychology from Aberdeen a couple of days ago, but still waiting to hear from Dundee, Stirling and H-W. Anyway I think I'm pretty sold on Aberdeen. I've been trying to find pictures of the dorms all day though but can't find any except the ones on Aberdeen's webpage, I'd like to see actual students pictures lol. From North Court or South House, anyone know of any?
Original post by MessedUpWeek
I got an unconditional offer for psychology from Aberdeen a couple of days ago, but still waiting to hear from Dundee, Stirling and H-W. Anyway I think I'm pretty sold on Aberdeen. I've been trying to find pictures of the dorms all day though but can't find any except the ones on Aberdeen's webpage, I'd like to see actual students pictures lol. From North Court or South House, anyone know of any?

I've been trying to find some too! It's mission impossible. I've found a lame video where a guy acts as if he's the best thing since Swiss cheese, but it shows the Fyfe halls, so that's a plus side. I'll look it up asap.

Btw, guys, it's not allowed to speak a different language than English in these forums (unless you're in the international part). The mods might not be happy about that ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending