The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jonnylaker
So is anyone going to study International Relations and mangement studies in Aberdeen ?or is already in the second year ?

Hi :smile: I'm going to study History & IR, so I guess we'll have some same courses :smile:

Btw, which accommodation you're going?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by dhlody20
Hi :smile: I'm going to study History & IR, so I guess we'll have some same courses :smile:

Btw, which accommodation you're going?

Oh sweet, looks like :biggrin: I am going with the Fyfe House , you ?
Oh sweet, looks like :biggrin: I am going with the Fyfe House , you ?

I'm staying at New Carnegie :smile:
Original post by dhlody20
I'm staying at New Carnegie :smile:

Nice :smile: I was thinking about the same ...but i read a little bit ...and then i decided for the Fyfe House .

Where re u from by the way? GB?
Nice :smile: I was thinking about the same ...but i read a little bit ...and then i decided for the Fyfe House .

Where re u from by the way? GB?

I'm from Finland :smile:
i'm hoping to study genetics, concerned about my exam performance though :frown: anyone know of their leniency? applied for new Carnegie :smile:
Reply 786
Hi guys,

I am an IB student, and I got an offer long time ago but unfortunately I have.not filled it completely. I am writing here beacuse I would like to know honestly, what is the possibiliy thatUniversity of Aberdeen would accept me anyway.
My offer was 34 IB points with average at 5 in HL
I got 32 IB points with average 5.33 at higher levels

It is really important for me to know wheter there is a hope for me.
Thanks for help.
Reply 787
Hi guys,

I am an IB student, and I got an offer long time ago but unfortunately I have.not filled it completely. I am writing here beacuse I would like to know honestly, what is the possibiliy thatUniversity of Aberdeen would accept me anyway.

It is really important for me to know whether there is a hope for me.
Thanks for help.
Original post by Quseul
Hi guys,

It is really important for me to know whether there is a hope for me.
Thanks for help.

What do you mean you haven't filled it completely? If your actual grade is lower than your offer, try calling or e-mailing them to ask them what can be done. They might decide to accept you anyway
Hi everyone I´ve been accepted to the University of Aberdeen. I am applying for biotechnology. I am from Spain and I am really excited to start my studies at Aberdeen. I am a big fan of football and I am looking forward to playing for the university team. I was wondering if any of you guys know if doing the trials you get the chance to enter any of the four teams.
Reply 790
I got a conditional offer for Msc in Petroleum Engineering.. and the condition is i need to have a degree in first class level.. i just received my final transcript and i got a CGPA of 3.42.. i live is pakistan.. does this fulfill the requirement stated on my offer
Original post by 10cu5T
I got a conditional offer for Msc in Petroleum Engineering.. and the condition is i need to have a degree in first class level.. i just received my final transcript and i got a CGPA of 3.42.. i live is pakistan.. does this fulfill the requirement stated on my offer

You have to call/email to the concern dept or admission office on this.
Original post by hattiemcbinky
Hey guys, I'm a first year student currently studying French + Spanish if anyone wants any questions answered about the courses, structures, application process or any general questions really :awesome:

Any idea how lenient they are with slipping grades on results day???
panicking badly :confused:
Hei! Could someone please tell me if there is a Problem Based Learning system at Aberdeen? I am especially interested in General Engineering or Computer Science with Mathematics Degree! Also how is the teaching? Are lectures , seminars and laboratories held with small groups or with bigger ones? I would apreciate your answer! Thank you! :smile:
Original post by .:Lizzie_M:.
Any idea how lenient they are with slipping grades on results day???
panicking badly :confused:

Replied to your message xx
-hi guys! So I applied for the university of Aberdeen, sent in my results and everything, but I still didn't get any answer yet. Do you happen to know when I will get a feedback, if I am accepted or not? Thanks in advance!
Reply 796
Original post by charlinev
-hi guys! So I applied for the university of Aberdeen, sent in my results and everything, but I still didn't get any answer yet. Do you happen to know when I will get a feedback, if I am accepted or not? Thanks in advance!

same situation with me my consultant sent my result on 9th july still nothing. I sent in my result again today on my own just in case, I am worried about the same thing, I haven't gotten my ATAS either.
Original post by 10cu5T
same situation with me my consultant sent my result on 9th july still nothing. I sent in my result again today on my own just in case, I am worried about the same thing, I haven't gotten my ATAS either.

Okay so I am not alone :smile: the thing is, I applied for another university aswell and there I have to subscribe until monday(and I only wanted to go there if I am not accepted in Aberdeen)
Thank you for your reply!
Reply 798
Original post by charlinev
Okay so I am not alone :smile: the thing is, I applied for another university aswell and there I have to subscribe until monday(and I only wanted to go there if I am not accepted in Aberdeen)
Thank you for your reply!

I too am in the same situation, waiting for a reply from Aberdeen, or else i will go to heriot watt dubai, good thing is heriot watt hasnt given me a deadline like u have for monday, I hope both of us get it by Sunday guess xD
Yeahh I hope so, thanks :smile: well then good luck to both of us!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending