The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ella_mai
Anyone here know anything about South House? Just got my accomodation sorted for there, room 204:smile:))

Hey, I dont know much about the accommodation but I'm in room 204G!!! :biggrin:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
I was thinking about applying to Aberdeen during my gap year however I got AABC and the entry requirement for economics is AABB, so I was wondering if there is any point of me applying? And what can I do during my gap year to boost my chances of getting in?
Just wondering if anyone was doing genetics (UCAS code C400) can't seem to find anyone :frown:

Waiting until thursday for results :eek: :cheeky:
Good Luck for everyone getting their results on Thursday too!
I will hopefully see you all in September (fingers crossed)
Original post by .:Lizzie_M:.
Just wondering if anyone was doing genetics (UCAS code C400) can't seem to find anyone :frown:

Waiting until thursday for results :eek: :cheeky:

Hi Lizzie! I'm doing genetics too :smile:
Original post by amy_mariee
Hi Lizzie! I'm doing genetics too :smile:

hey :smile: do you know if you're in yet or are you waiting for English results day??
I've been in since December haha Im Scottish :smile: Are you in? :smile:
hey :smile: do you know if you're in yet or are you waiting for English results day??

I've been in since December, Im Scottish haha when do you find out if you're in? :smile:
I've been in since December, Im Scottish haha when do you find out if you're in? :smile:

lucky!! I'm English so less than 48 hours to go and the wait is painful, I really hope I got in!
lucky!! I'm English so less than 48 hours to go and the wait is painful, I really hope I got in!

Well good luck!! Let me know if you get in :smile:
Well good luck!! Let me know if you get in :smile:

Will do! Hopefully see you in September! :biggrin:
Anyone staying in hector boece? I'm flat 299? Also good luck to all the English students for your results! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to all y'all English applicants!
Original post by Sarahnassauras
I'm going to be studying History this year! Anyone else in that course too?

Hello!

I'm going to be studying history as a joint degree with IR :smile: Where will you be staying?
Original post by hattiemcbinky
Don't worry, I used to live in South House and got things delivered there all the time, and the address I used was:

178 South House
Hillhead Halls of Residence
Don Street
Old Aberdeen
Aberdeen
AB24 1WQ

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: So I take 178 was the number of the flat? So I'd be using 196 then. Thanks :biggrin:

just found out...i'm in! See you in September!!
I got in for politics and sociology, so happy right now :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stylishpop
I got in for politics and sociology, so happy right now :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats. See you in politics! Do you know where you are staying yet?
Congratulations to everyone that got their results today :smile:.

I'm going into my second year this September and will be working at freshers week, but if anyone has anyone questions prior to that, then fire away :smile: (maybe best to quote me here or personal message me, because I'm a bit rubbish at remembering to check threads without any notifications haha).
Original post by GoingToBurst
Congratulations to everyone that got their results today :smile:.

I'm going into my second year this September and will be working at freshers week, but if anyone has anyone questions prior to that, then fire away :smile: (maybe best to quote me here or personal message me, because I'm a bit rubbish at remembering to check threads without any notifications haha).

What's the workload like for first year? And in the first two years does it matter how well you do so long as you pass? (not that I'm not going to work hard, just wondering out of interest). I think I remember being told it's only the final two years that count towards your degree. Also, what's the maximum amount of hours you would recommend working while at uni? I'll be doing Politics & International Relations, and hoping to take Anthropology, Psychology and Geography with it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending