The Student Room Group

Ask me anything about Korea :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yooj30
Any koreans here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

North or South Korean?

We're spoon fed a lot of scare stories about North Korea in particular, my personal favorite being their strict policies about visitors.
Is it true only selected members of media are allowed to visit, and are only afforded a very straightforward country tour?
I'd like to visit there someday, but have a sneaking suspicion that it isn't exactly a holiday area.

Also, I've read a small amount about the border separation between N. and S. Korea; is it true you can be shot if you attempt to cross over?

I think there is also a point near the border where I believe that the locals of South Korea leave positive messages and gifts to communicate peace with the North Koreans. Is this true? What is the South Koreans general opinion of the North? Whats your opinion on the separation?

Sorry for all the location based questions.
As you know the North Koreans are very much in control of their media exposure and have given the outside world little to no insight into their ways of life.
Also forgive any/all ignorance of mine you can perceive. I admit that I know very little concerning the Korea's!
Let me remind you guys that ordinary North Koreans would a) not be able to travel abroad and b) have no access to the Internet, let alone any form of communication outside NK, unless, of course, they defected or found a way around it.

I could answer a lot of you guys' questions regarding North Korea as I keep up with NK-SK issues and have read a few books detailing the human rights, Kim dynasty and inter-Korea issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by Blueray2
You're not korean, but have some korean person in your avatar? :lolwut:

Yeah im a huge fan of 2ne1 (KPOP girl group)
[QUOTE="ZA_pink;44935591"]

Oh ok their seems to be more non korean kpop fans than koreans on this forum :lol:
As you are a South Korean I would love to know if you have ever been in North Korea. So, did you have visit North Korea yet?
Do you watch Korean Dramas? If yes, what dramas do you like best? :biggrin:[QUOTE="ZA_pink;44935591"]

I love them too!
(edited 9 years ago)
[QUOTE="PreppyNinja;45095667"]Do you watch Korean Dramas? If yes, what dramas do you like best? :biggrin:
Original post by ZA_pink

I love them too!

You're not korean either? :biggrin: They have some big fan base then!
Reply 48
[QUOTE="Blueray2;45095133"]
Original post by ZA_pink

Oh ok their seems to be more non korean kpop fans than koreans on this forum :lol:

haha, thats a good thing :smile: we love korean culture
Reply 49
[QUOTE="PreppyNinja;45095667"]Do you watch Korean Dramas? If yes, what dramas do you like best? :biggrin:
Original post by ZA_pink

I love them too!

CL is my favourite! who is yours?

Oh and I don't watch dramas, might do soon, (do you - if so do u recommend any?)
Reply 50
Do high schools in korea really have Kangs?
Reply 51
is your last name either Kim/Park/Hwang/Lee/Kang ?
Tell me everything about the Korean Skincare Routine..
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

Wash face with water :tongue:
Reply 54
Hey, I am not Korean and I'd love to learn more about Korean people and their country.
I really hope to visit Korea one day, especially Seoul. I'm wondering what is you favorite Korean food ? and is it salty/ spicy or sweet ?
I've seen that Koreans put their family names before their actual name, now I wanna ask is this tradition followed by all the Koreans or by the majority only? And do they have any middle name?
Also, since when is this tradition practiced?
Original post by Nora R. Chloe
I've seen that Koreans put their family names before their actual name, now I wanna ask is this tradition followed by all the Koreans or by the majority only? And do they have any middle name?
Also, since when is this tradition practiced?

Yeah, this happens with Japanese and Chinese people as well. Yeah, it's followed by all the Koreans...just like how the tradition is followed by everyone in England, lol. No, they don't have any middle names, discounting Christian names and shizz. It's been 'practiced' since forever...
Original post by yl95
Yeah, this happens with Japanese and Chinese people as well. Yeah, it's followed by all the Koreans...just like how the tradition is followed by everyone in England, lol. No, they don't have any middle names, discounting Christian names and shizz. It's been 'practiced' since forever...

Thanks for the info :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

I believe diet has a great deal to do with it. 90% of our problems come from the garbage we eat.

They also appear to possess godly foundation.
Is 'Kimchi' a national dish in Korea? I mean is it like rice, eaten by almost all the Asians...
And is 'Kimchi' made only with cabbage? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest