The Student Room Group

BTS Fans Please Read

So I've recently become obsessed and I mean OBSESSED with BTS, and I can't stop it. I have become such a huge fan and all that's on my mind is the stress of wanting to get tickets to see them before they sell out and how sad it's going to be when they disband (which is probably very soon) because of the law about all men in Korea having to join the army force for 5 years before they turn 30 and the oldest member (Jin) is 27, meaning that this year may be the last year they'll have a tour for a very very long time. Tickets haven't even been released yet and it's already on my mind. I literally either listen to them or watch videos related to them all day, I love them so much. I've come here on TSR to discuss them as I don't know anyone who's a fan of them in real life, I feel like being a part of BTS army is something that only other fans of them can truly understand so I'd love to just discuss it with any fan of them on here hahaha. I love being a massive fan of them but it's a bit worrying thinking about if I'll ever calm down about it because right now it's taking up a lot of my life! But I've never loved a band/singer this much ever and they've made me so happy that I know I'll forever have love for them!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ive known these boys for a while now and yes im a massive fan too! I used to be so hyped about them before but now it has calmed down and i think its because of study and pressure from alevels, are you planning to go on their concert this year then?
Reply 2
helloooo whose your bias?
Reply 3
Original post by jjjjxxx
Ive known these boys for a while now and yes im a massive fan too! I used to be so hyped about them before but now it has calmed down and i think its because of study and pressure from alevels, are you planning to go on their concert this year then?

Yeah I’m just waiting for it to calm down for me 😂 and I’m hoping to go but I have a feeling it won’t happen because of how fast the tickets will run out :frown:
Yes, enlistment is unavoidable as by law every man in South Korea is required to enlist unless they have special circumstances i.e. a medical condition. You’re mistaken on the length of their enlistment though. It lasts for 18 months, not 5 years. However, they will not disband due to this. They’ll enlist and then come back once again. You might not know this, but last year they signed another 7 year contract. :smile:

As for tickets, that’s a worry everyone has. But it will be okay. Though we are a large fandom, each time they’ve come to the U.K., the venue they’ve performed at have gotten bigger. For the first year, the O2 had a 20,000 capacity, last year Wembley had 60,000 and this year there’s an 80,000 capacity. This means more chances!

Don’t worry too much, as hard as it sounds. For the O2, tickets went on sale during GCSEs and I didn’t get tickets. I was devastated but I still managed to get tickets 2 days before the concert. If you can’t get tickets officially, then keep a watch for people reselling their tickets but do be careful of scalpers!
(edited 4 years ago)
Welcome to the fandom btw! Twitter is the best place if you want to find ARMYs, though Twitter can be quite toxic.
I acc don’t understand the hype for BTS.

recommend me a good song of theirs
blackpink are my babes
Reply 7
Original post by F.A.
helloooo whose your bias?

My bias would have to be Jin for sure, I love his sense of humour and how he plays the big brother role in the group but is also the kid of the group too haha
Reply 8
Original post by apostasies
Yes, enlistment is unavoidable as by law every man in South Korea is required to enlist unless they have special circumstances i.e. a medical condition. You’re mistaken on the length of their enlistment though. It lasts for 18 months, not 5 years. However, they will not disband due to this. They’ll enlist and then come back once again. You might not know this, but last year they signed another 7 year contract. :smile:

As for tickets, that’s a worry everyone has. But it will be okay. Though we are a large fandom, each time they’ve come to the U.K., the venue they’ve performed at have gotten bigger. For the first year, the O2 had a 20,000 capacity, last year Wembley had 60,000 and this year there’s an 80,000 capacity. This means more chances!

Don’t worry too much, as hard as it sounds. For the O2, tickets went on sale during GCSEs and I didn’t get tickets. I was devastated but I still managed to get tickets 2 days before the concert. If you can’t get tickets officially, then keep a watch for people reselling their tickets but do be careful of scalpers!

Omg that's given me such a huge relief! and yeah I did read something about their contract lasting until 2026 but I wasn't so sure about it but reading that definitely put a smile on my face so thank you haha, and could I just ask how to tell whether someone reselling their tickets online is legit or a scam? and wow you're so lucky, how was the concert? I have a friend who isn't a die hard fan of BTS and she went to see them at the o2 just to accompany her friend and even she said it was pretty amazing!
Reply 9
Welcome to the fandom btw! Twitter is the best place if you want to find ARMYs, though Twitter can be quite toxic.

and yeah I've been wanting to make a twitter account for them but as someone who likes to keep social media as minimum as possible I don't know if I wanna risk it, I may just make an anonymous account just to view BTS related stuff.
Original post by IH8Studying

blackpink are my babes

It depends, what kind of music do you like?

I mean, I love them because of their music and the messages they put forward through their music. Also, they remain humble and hardworking despite their huge success.

They started out with barely anything. All seven of them used to share the same room and Yoongi had to limit what he ate just to pay for the bus fare to get to the company. They were belittled because they came from a small company and they were told they would be unsuccessful. They proved everyone wrong. They were quite literally cut from music shows, given no dressing rooms and accused of sajaegi (probably spelled this wrong) and we’re given a black ocean (other fans turned their lights off).

There’s more I could say.
It depends, what kind of music do you like?

I mean, I love them because of their music and the messages they put forward through their music. Also, they remain humble and hardworking despite their huge success.

They started out with barely anything. All seven of them used to share the same room and Yoongi had to limit what he ate just to pay for the bus fare to get to the company. They were belittled because they came from a small company and they were told they would be unsuccessful. They proved everyone wrong. They were quite literally cut from music shows, given no dressing rooms and accused of sajaegi (probably spelled this wrong) and we’re given a black ocean (other fans turned their lights off).

There’s more I could say.

I like songs with good beats. I like Ariana grandes music a lot.

But like DDU by blackpink has such a nice beat! Can’t find a single song of BTS that’s good. Yeah but a lot of artists grew up poor but doesn’t mean they’re talented?
Reply 12

blackpink are my babes

I wouldn't say they're for everyone so I can understand that, I personally am not fan of blackpink, I have found that a lot of people are either blinkers (I think that's what you call blackpink fans, correct me if I'm wrong) or Army as opposed to being both. To be fair, BTS have made a good few songs that are quite different from each other so I'd wanna know whether you're into slower songs or more energetic songs etc, before recommending one because I wouldn't wanna recommend a song that's nowhere near your taste and then have you really disliking BTS because of that one song haha, but, my personal faves would have to be 'Spring day' 'fake love' 'not today' 'mic drop' 'airplanes pt2' 'run' 'i need u' 'save me' and 'war of hormone' if I had to choose my top 9 songs although I do love every single one of their songs hahaha
Original post by Hira1258
Omg that's given me such a huge relief! and yeah I did read something about their contract lasting until 2026 but I wasn't so sure about it but reading that definitely put a smile on my face so thank you haha, and could I just ask how to tell whether someone reselling their tickets online is legit or a scam? and wow you're so lucky, how was the concert? I have a friend who isn't a die hard fan of BTS and she went to see them at the o2 just to accompany her friend and even she said it was pretty amazing!

Yep, it’s true! :biggrin:

You can tell if they keep evading your questions about the seat location or if they refuse to give you proof of purchase. Although some scalpers post other people’s pictures. If you’re ever in doubt though, go on social media, particularly twitter where there are ARMY-run accounts on outing scalpers. Actually, there’s an account that promotes people reselling tickets and they try to verify the legitimacy for you.

It was soooo good! If I’m being honest, it felt like a blur and I can’t remember much. I just remember it being the happiest night of my life. I travelled to the concert after school and came into school the next day feeling shattered but great. I got sick over the weekend but it was so worth it. The army bombs are so pretty! The atmosphere is insane. Actually, I also went to see them last year at Wembley. Any seat at a BTS concert is amazing, so don’t worry bye if you don’t get a very close seat.
Original post by Hira1258
I wouldn't say they're for everyone so I can understand that, I personally am not fan of blackpink, I have found that a lot of people are either blinkers (I think that's what you call blackpink fans, correct me if I'm wrong) or Army as opposed to being both. To be fair, BTS have made a good few songs that are quite different from each other so I'd wanna know whether you're into slower songs or more energetic songs etc, before recommending one because I wouldn't wanna recommend a song that's nowhere near your taste and then have you really disliking BTS because of that one song haha, but, my personal faves would have to be 'Spring day' 'fake love' 'not today' 'mic drop' 'airplanes pt2' 'run' 'i need u' 'save me' and 'war of hormone' if I had to choose my top 9 songs although I do love every single one of their songs hahaha

Lol same I love every song XD
Reply 15

But like DDU by blackpink has such a nice beat! Can’t find a single song of BTS that’s good. Yeah but a lot of artists grew up poor but doesn’t mean they’re talented?

I feel like you may enjoy Mic Drop because it has a good beat, but Ariana Grande and Blackpink are quite different to BTS so fair enough if you don't enjoy them
Reply 16
Yep, it’s true! :biggrin:

You can tell if they keep evading your questions about the seat location or if they refuse to give you proof of purchase. Although some scalpers post other people’s pictures. If you’re ever in doubt though, go on social media, particularly twitter where there are ARMY-run accounts on outing scalpers. Actually, there’s an account that promotes people reselling tickets and they try to verify the legitimacy for you.

It was soooo good! If I’m being honest, it felt like a blur and I can’t remember much. I just remember it being the happiest night of my life. I travelled to the concert after school and came into school the next day feeling shattered but great. I got sick over the weekend but it was so worth it. The army bombs are so pretty! The atmosphere is insane. Actually, I also went to see them last year at Wembley. Any seat at a BTS concert is amazing, so don’t worry bye if you don’t get a very close seat.

Yeah I'm just gonna sit at my laptop until the very minute the tickets come out and just book any because any seat is better than no seats
lol, they're only in the army for maximum 2 years not 5, I don't know who lied to you.

cute.
Reply 18
Lol same I love every song XD

Who's your bias?

For songs with good beats, I would recommend the Cyphers, Not Today, Danger, Mic Drop, Run, Dope and Fire.

That’s very true. I do think they’re talented though. But even if people are talented it is also a matter of musical preference. For example, I personally am not too into Blackpink’s music. I have to admit, I do love As if it’s your last though.

Quick Reply

Latest