The Student Room Group

Took the wrong first day of pill?

Hi!
I'm on Gedarel 30/150 and for my very first pill after the 7 day break I took Friday's instead of Saturday's, and today I took Saturday's. I know sometimes the days are there just to remind you, but there's little symbols on the pills so I thought some are maybe different strengths - can I take it one day behind and it's like normal, does it matter which bit you start from as long as it's in order?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!
I'm on Gedarel 30/150 and for my very first pill after the 7 day break I took Friday's instead of Saturday's, and today I took Saturday's. I know sometimes the days are there just to remind you, but there's little symbols on the pills so I thought some are maybe different strengths - can I take it one day behind and it's like normal, does it matter which bit you start from as long as it's in order?

If it says 30/150 on it that suggests that it is a fixed dose pill, i.e. 30mg of prog/oes and 150mg of the other (no idea which was around), in which case it doesn't matter when you start....

Double check by reading the manufacturer's instruction, it doesn't talk about being cyclical anywhere? Or a quick google perhaps to check...

Either way, if it's only one day different then it's unlikely the make any difference. But you could always just use condoms for a week as per standard 'missed pill' protocol if you're worried.
Reply 2
Gedarel is a monophasic pill, which means all of the active pills have the same amount of active ingredients. So it doesn't matter at all which day you take each pill on - as long as you don't get confused and end up missing one, heh.
I'm on Gedarel and have taken the wrong day repeatedly without issue, don't worry about it. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hslt
If it says 30/150 on it that suggests that it is a fixed dose pill, i.e. 30mg of prog/oes and 150mg of the other (no idea which was around), in which case it doesn't matter when you start....

Double check by reading the manufacturer's instruction, it doesn't talk about being cyclical anywhere? Or a quick google perhaps to check...

Either way, if it's only one day different then it's unlikely the make any difference. But you could always just use condoms for a week as per standard 'missed pill' protocol if you're worried.

Original post by Kate.
Gedarel is a monophasic pill, which means all of the active pills have the same amount of active ingredients. So it doesn't matter at all which day you take each pill on - as long as you don't get confused and end up missing one, heh.

Original post by Anonymous
I'm on Gedarel and have taken the wrong day repeatedly without issue, don't worry about it. :smile:

Great, thank you all, those symbols just confused me!

Quick Reply

Latest