The Student Room Group

Question about the ucas deadline?

Okay, so I know what subject I want to do but I'm unsure yet as to where I want to study.

I want to take some time over christmas and make my decisions and i was wondering,

will it affect my application as long as I apply by the deadline (15th Jan) or is it best to get it in early, or does it make no difference whatsoever?

Thanks
It won't make any difference whatsoever.
It will be fine either way, but make sure that you give your school enough time to attach your reference and predicted grades - sending it at 5pm on the 15th simply isn't going to work.
You can send your application *to UCAS* up to the deadline - but remember that the day of the deadline means the UCAS site is very busy - the website often crashes/freezes at this point. If you get your application in to UCAS a few days before this you can avoid the STRESS that that situation involves!
If you're certain of 1 or 2 of your choices then you can always send off your application to those choices.

Adding the remaining choices can then be done at any time (ideally before the 15th Jan deadline) and doesn't suffer from any delay (like waiting for your school/college to add your reference).
In addition to the wise words above, do consider carefully whether you actually need to take a year out to make a proper decision instead of rushing to fill in something for the sake of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending