The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2014- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

If you find an equation for the gradient from parametrics do you have to simplify or can you just plug the numbers in straight away?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, if anyone could help me with part B of this question that'd be great (it's from the original paper last year). I've got as far as getting a general solution to the equation, but I'm confused at Arseys solution and really confused about whether or not there needs to be a '+c'

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1403019471.070100.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1403019864.280360.jpg

For A why did he remove the 27? Also whenever i type it into my calculator from the 3sec^2 t /(blah blah) i get 1/18 for the gradient

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alaynestone
Hey, if anyone could help me with part B of this question that'd be great (it's from the original paper last year). I've got as far as getting a general solution to the equation, but I'm confused at Arseys solution and really confused about whether or not there needs to be a '+c'

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1403019471.070100.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do not need +c, and you put 100 on the bottom of the integral and 50 on the top as it says the time taken for the depth to decrease FROM 100 to 50, you can then times by -1 and put 100 on the top and 50 on the bottom so it looks like a typical integral :smile:
Original post by BigDaddy202
You do not need +c, and you put 100 on the bottom of the integral and 50 on the top as it says the time taken for the depth to decrease FROM 100 to 50, you can then times by -1 and put 100 on the top and 50 on the bottom so it looks like a typical integral :smile:

Is the answer 707?
In Cartesian equations, do you have to lead the answer in terms of Y or X??? Is either way ok if he question doesn't specify?? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 786
If it's anything like the old papers, I am not too worried. None of the old past papers that were sat went over the top with stupidness. I should be able to get an A at least for an average paper. Start praying guys
Original post by ThatManAlex
Is the answer 707?

It's 293, did you remember to integrate between 50 and 100 as I think you have forgotten to subtract your answer from 1000
I dont f**king get any of it
Original post by Mutleybm1996
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1403019864.280360.jpg

For A why did he remove the 27? Also whenever i type it into my calculator from the 3sec^2 t /(blah blah) i get 1/18 for the gradient

Posted from TSR Mobile

1/18 is correct, I think he made a mistake
Reply 791
Has anybody else tried the January 2012 withdrawn paper?

I found it stupidly easy and finished it in less than an hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pro Crastination
:biggrin: Right, two past papers completed in timed conditions today, two solid As. I'm not going to try my luck and do a third, just a little more clearing up mistakes here and there and then I'm taking the night off :smile: Having a calculator that can do numerical integration is such a life saver in terms of being able to check your answers and not lose your mind during the exam.

Isnt that against the rules?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is everyones c4 exam in the afternoon?
Original post by Aamina786
Is everyones c4 exam in the afternoon?

Nope, mine is on the 19th. I'm gonna memorise Arsey's solutions and score 100 UMS ^_^ Yeah, it's tomorrow afternoon for everyone :P
anyone got a list of challenging questions xD (mostly vectors). ive done so many maths questions this month .
Original post by Pro Crastination
Nope, mine is on the 19th. I'm gonna memorise Arsey's solutions and score 100 UMS ^_^ Yeah, it's tomorrow afternoon for everyone :P

Yeah but some people have other exams plus in my school we were told if we wanted to do c4 earlier we could..
if we had another exams on the same day..:tongue:
Original post by Aamina786
Yeah but some people have other exams plus in my school we were told if we wanted to do c4 earlier we could..
if we had another exams on the same day..:tongue:

Ah, unlucky for them. I really don't know what to do all day tomorrow... I never revise on the day of an exam, but it's not a 9am one, so I'm going to be kicking my heels around college all day :/
Original post by Sweetcorn_1
He's wrong. The answer will be ln2*2^x

General rule if you prefer parroting is a^x ===> ln(a)*a^x (I think, in the exam you must show working)

Wohooohoo thnks guys
Reply 799
does anyone have a list of all grade boundaries?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending