The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2014- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GPODT
There is no 8D?

sorry, yeah 8c lmao :colondollar:
Really wish C4 was in the morning - I hate afternoon papers
Original post by mo_masquerade
In part 8(d) of June 2007, why does our calculator have to be in radians? http://pastpapers.org/Edexcel/c4/june07.pdf

Just one of those things, I'm sure if you did it in degrees you'll get so tiny number which can not be a population size so you gotta use some initiative

Original post by GPODT

In the above example, why did they use t = +3 as the upper limit in the integral rather than t = -3? (both t-values were valid solutions). Thanks.

-3 will get you the same answer but I think in negative since it calculates the area underneath but I may be wrong on that
Original post by Dilzo999
Would you rather have C3 June 2013 boundaries, or Jan 2011 boundaries (72(90ums) 69(80ums))?

I'd rather have a paper where I knew what I was doing.
I really wanna get full marks in this paper, I just hope differential equation is straight forward,
Original post by Dilzo999
Would you rather have C3 June 2013 boundaries, or Jan 2011 boundaries (72(90ums) 69(80ums))?

June 2013, the boundaries would be ridiculously low for one, and the paper would probably be quite fun
If anyone's looking for a last minute challenge, try the Jan 14 international paper. It's horrible
Judgement day is upon us. If you should remember anything:

DON'T FORGET THE C
Original post by NedStark
If anyone's looking for a last minute challenge, try the Jan 14 international paper. It's horrible

connected rates of change is the only real odd one there, the rest are just long algebraic slogs. Why couldn't they say height=0.3mm rather than constant uniform thickness? Why complicate it edexcel :lol:
Reply 1189
Original post by Freddy-Francis
What's the difference

Original post by walkers38
I feel like solids of revolution today will be around y-axis, to trip people up. Just be aware guys, don't let it fool you if it comes :tongue:

doesn't that just mean, when integrating you would write pi∫x^2 dy
Original post by sarchi
doesn't that just mean, when integrating you would write pi∫x^2 dy

indeed, using y-limits. But I highly doubt they would do this - its not on the spec!
Another thing guys, sometimes if they say, 'By separating the variables show that.....", it means doing differential equation.
Original post by Pascal678
indeed, using y-limits. But I highly doubt they would do this - its not on the spec!

Oh! Great. My teacher taught us that too and told us to be careful in exam :/ But I will trust you in this my friend.
Original post by Pascal678
connected rates of change is the only real odd one there, the rest are just long algebraic slogs. Why couldn't they say height=0.3mm rather than constant uniform thickness? Why complicate it edexcel :lol:

Haha ikr! When I saw 'uniform thickness', took me damn long to notice they just meant height. Like forreal.
If anyone wants to just post a few last minute 'don't forget' tips I'd love you foreverrrrrr
Reply 1195
Haha ikr! When I saw 'uniform thickness', took me damn long to notice they just meant height. Like forreal.

wait what? which paper is this? I should really avoid student rooms before exams :frown:
Reply 1196
Original post by Freddy-Francis
On the Exam timetable for edexcel it says Afternoon. C4 R Paper :eek:

does that mean that C4 papers got leaked this year and we'll be sitting the reserved ones?
Original post by adi.96
Guys, are we ready to fail?:biggrin:

Yeeeees babeees!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh! Great. My teacher taught us that too and told us to be careful in exam :/ But I will trust you in this my friend.

Edexcel aren't that mean

Literally hate those wordy questions and remembering all these formulas - it doesn't take skill it just requires you to have all these formulas and words stored in your brain...

Original post by R2D2.
wait what? which paper is this? I should really avoid student rooms before exams :frown:

January 2014 international paper
Original post by sarchi
does that mean that C4 papers got leaked this year and we'll be sitting the reserved ones?

Probably :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending