The Student Room Group

Edexcel C4 June 2014- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

For the volume question it said u may use the formula what if u didnt and just worked out the volume of the curve using the normal equation would that get u any marks out of 9

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperMushroom
There's always one...

Posted from TSR Mobile

trollolololol? or some arrogant *********?
Original post by Squiffyk7
So did I, seen alot of people say they for -11/8

i got -11/8 i think too
Original post by StarvingAutist
I am so ****ed. I did 6(iii) wrong, 7 wrong, the last part of 8 wrong. So I may have scraped 10 method marks out of 25. If I've lost 15 marks I'll be happy.

I am in the exact same boat as you, it was all going fine and I was quite happy then it went downhill very quickly XS
Original post by Mutleybm1996
What did everyone get a and z on the binomial?
2/3 and something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got A = 45/2
to be honest...it's not going to drop below 61 for an A, look at the past grade boundaries, no way a 56/58 will be an A, but it'll probably be a lower bound B. Although the last 3 questions were a lot trickier than the first 5 it is still doable, so the ones who usually do well in maths will still pull up the grade boundaries. those ****ing integration though all of them are crazy.

If I get a B, I'm satisfied. But there goes for firm uni :frown: it was a nice dream.
Original post by jollygood
Hey I only calculated the volume under the curve between pi/4 and 0. But didnt take away any volume. Can you please tell me how many marks I will get out of 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile

About 2 probably
Original post by proxyfullback
For the volume question i found the volume of the area under curve C from 0 to 3) and then found the volume of the area under normal between 5/3 and 3 and then just subtracted them giving you the volume of the shaded area (if that makes sense) which ended up in the correct form asked for

Yep same
Did people get A = 45/2?
Original post by Salamanderf
folks for the cosec2ycosec, could you do substitution because that's what i did and answers are looking familiar. OOooh yeah and volume of revolution, totally forgot about the area calculation with parametrics, how many marks would i get for squaring y then integrating etc.

This is exactly what I did too. Just squared the y and calculated the area under the curve between two limits. Didnt take away any volume? How many marks do you think we will get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexmufc1995
Lets see, notable answers:

9root2 at the end (Trapezium)
92/9 pi + 6 pi squared (Volume)
(siny)^3 = 1.5e^x - (11/8) (Differential)

Anyone want anymore?

I couldn't do the trapezium one (well I made up one of the values so i did it but not accurate) but got the same for the other 2! :biggrin:
Original post by ThatManAlex
I got A = 45/2

That number looks familiar to me.
Just wondering why no one is talking about the cartesian equation question. It was question 5 I think.... did you all find it easy :/ I didn't even attempt it cos ... well... I just couldn't. .
I got A = 45/2

Yes :biggrin:
22.5! I forgot the exact values

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilzo999
It's a perfectly valid method, just more tedious.

Literally i did it and it took forever and i got 3/4 way through and i thought because it was so long i must of got it wrong but tbf it does seem a valid method
Original post by Squiffyk7
That number looks familiar to me.

What q is that for?
Original post by Shimin
I did something weird and found lamba from the vector equation for L2 to be 1 at C which I then subbed back to get the coordinates. Then I used that to find D.
Your way was probably easier seeing as it was only a few marks...

Yeah that's right just a longer way haha
Reply 1797
did anyone get (9/2)root2 for the trapezium question?
Did people get A = 45/2?

Yes i did
Original post by jollygood
This is exactly what I did too. Just squared the y and calculated the area under the curve between two limits. Didnt take away any volume? How many marks do you think we will get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how many marks was this question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending