The Student Room Group

Does TSR remove old/inactive threads after a while?

Just curious. I got bored and was looking back through some of my earlier posts to cringe at some of the stuff I'd written, and got the 'don't have permission to access this page' screen for a lot of them, probably a third or more. I found that surprising since the only reason I'm aware of for threads getting entirely removed (rather than just closed) is normally widespread or serious rulebreaking, and I don't think I posted on that many controversial/troll threads. Some of them were inane, sure, but I can't remember much outright rule breaking. Can anyone shed some light?
Original post by Theflyingbarney
Just curious. I got bored and was looking back through some of my earlier posts to cringe at some of the stuff I'd written, and got the 'don't have permission to access this page' screen for a lot of them, probably a third or more. I found that surprising since the only reason I'm aware of for threads getting entirely removed (rather than just closed) is normally widespread or serious rulebreaking, and I don't think I posted on that many controversial/troll threads. Some of them were inane, sure, but I can't remember much outright rule breaking. Can anyone shed some light?

No, old threads won't generally be removed, though they may be closed if they are bumped after a long period of inactivity. If you'd like us to check on why you can't access some of your posts, post a thread in Ask A Moderator with links and we can take a look for you. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Theflyingbarney

Most of my posts in old threads are still there. I cringe at them too.
Original post by Illusionary
No, old threads won't generally be removed, though they may be closed if they are bumped after a long period of inactivity. If you'd like us to check on why you can't access some of your posts, post a thread in Ask A Moderator with links and we can take a look for you. :smile:

Curious. It wasn't a problem, I was just intrigued. Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Illusionary

Out of curiosity - Why would a thread need closing if they’re bumped after a long period of inactivity?

Open to anyone - Given this is also an old-ish thread... 😬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending