The Student Room Group

predicted grades question

any difference between the predicted grades that school(with buzzword)gave and the one private tutor gave?
my adviser said i should let a school give predicted grades if i want to apply Oxford math degree,cuz it's more competitive and more faithful
is it true?
Your reference will be the one to provide your predicted grades, and it'll be your school providing the reference for you so your private tutor won't be able to provide you with predicted grades. I'm even unsure if he could under any circumstance, since I understand that predicted grades need to be provided by someone who knows your performance well, so that'll be your school, not a private individual which you've hired.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
Your reference will be the one to provide your predicted grades, and it'll be your school providing the reference for you so your private tutor won't be able to provide you with predicted grades. I'm even unsure if he could under any circumstance, since I understand that predicted grades need to be provided by someone who knows your performance well, so that'll be your school, not a private individual which you've hired.

u get me wrong,im a homeschooler,i only got a private tutor,but i can let a school give me predicted grades(by mocks)i mean what kind of predicted grades r more competitive
Reply 3
bump
Ah, right. I think the option that is backed up by exams is best, so the school, if that's possible. I'm aware of some gap year applicants resitting A Levels and getting predicted grades this way so I assume it's possible anyway. You should message the admissions departments of a couple of universities to ask and be sure :smile:

And a friendly reminder that you really should only bump a thread if it has been inactive for a while: the guidelines say roughly 24 hours of inactivity... you posted bump a mere 3 minutes after your previous post :redface:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Scotland Yard
Ah, right. I think the option that is backed up by exams is best, so the school, if that's possible. I'm aware of some gap year applicants resitting A Levels and getting predicted grades this way so I assume it's possible anyway. You should message the admissions departments of a couple of universities to ask and be sure :smile:

And a friendly reminder that you really should only bump a thread if it has been inactive for a while: the guidelines say roughly 24 hours of inactivity... you posted bump a mere 3 minutes after your previous post :redface:

sorry man,in my country we usually bump after posting sry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending