The Student Room Group

Brother Steals My Stuff

Yo All! My little brother he is 14 and I am 16. He steals my condoms and underwear and stuff. Should I tell my mum or buy him the same stuff as me?
Just stab holes in all your condoms for the next time he steals them :colone:
Reply 2
Depending on how much money your brother has, I would either bully him into buying his own stuff, or talk to your mum and ask that she buy him underwear/give your brother money and make him use it to get underwear. As for the condoms, that's more tricky because obviously your mum can't buy them for him, and he is happier nicking them than getting his own. Maybe you could make a deal to get him some? Or just bully him to stop taking your stuff :P
Reply 3
Original post by Orthonym
Depending on how much money your brother has, I would either bully him into buying his own stuff, or talk to your mum and ask that she buy him underwear/give your brother money and make him use it to get underwear. As for the condoms, that's more tricky because obviously your mum can't buy them for him, and he is happier nicking them than getting his own. Maybe you could make a deal to get him some? Or just bully him to stop taking your stuff :P

He has undies but I am not sure if he wan't to like show off if you get me as they are like for enhancing ect... He is really shy tho so I might just buy them for him to save falling out. The undies, I don't get why a 14 yo wants to show his dong off tbh
What about just finding a better hiding place for your stuff?
Reply 5
Original post by lukmash
He has undies but I am not sure if he wan't to like show off if you get me as they are like for enhancing ect... He is really shy tho so I might just buy them for him to save falling out. The undies, I don't get why a 14 yo wants to show his dong off tbh

Do you think he just won't settle for having underwear that's not as good as yours? brotherly competition and all that. I guess he would appreciate it if you bought him some, he most likely looks up to you.
Reply 6
Original post by andrew2209
What about just finding a better hiding place for your stuff?

Too hard to hid anything.... Have to lift a floor board for mags!

Do you think he just won't settle for having underwear that's not as good as yours? brotherly competition and all that. I guess he would appreciate it if you bought him some, he most likely looks up to you.

Yah, well I don't know why he wants to compete in that area ahah! I am not sure if he looks up to me but he does not leave me alone ahah
Maybe try talking to your mum, and make her aware that your brother's stealing your things. Your mum's words may have more an effect than you simply telling him not to do it.
Reply 8
Original post by lukmash

Yah, well I don't know why he wants to compete in that area ahah! I am not sure if he looks up to me but he does not leave me alone ahah

Haha, he might just feel more comfortable wearing them and refuse that you should be allowed more comfortable underwear.

I have 2 younger brothers, one of them is a bit hyper and the other is cynical and sarcastic and rarely wears anything other than school clothes or pajamas. Both of them do nothing but play computer games. Thankfully being female, they can't nick any of my clothes, and they're not welcome enough in my room to find out where anything worth nicking is.
Reply 9
Haha, he might just feel more comfortable wearing them and refuse that you should be allowed more comfortable underwear.

I have 2 younger brothers, one of them is a bit hyper and the other is cynical and sarcastic and rarely wears anything other than school clothes or pajamas. Both of them do nothing but play computer games. Thankfully being female, they can't nick any of my clothes, and they're not welcome enough in my room to find out where anything worth nicking is.

He is a tad bit annoying like he has to have the same amount of food as me even though he won't eat all of it. I have like a baby brother and he is fine actually better than him!

You will come home one day and they will be playing with your clothes and have them on ahaha!
Reply 10
Original post by lukmash
He is a tad bit annoying like he has to have the same amount of food as me even though he won't eat all of it. I have like a baby brother and he is fine actually better than him!

You will come home one day and they will be playing with your clothes and have them on ahaha!

It's crazy to think, but I'm 21 and my brothers are 14 and 19, they're both bigger than me now. I really hope they don't ever try on my clothes, don't make me paranoid :P Worst is to think that I wouldn't even know if I'm at uni and they're looking through all my stuff.
Reply 11
It's crazy to think, but I'm 21 and my brothers are 14 and 19, they're both bigger than me now. I really hope they don't ever try on my clothes, don't make me paranoid :P Worst is to think that I wouldn't even know if I'm at uni and they're looking through all my stuff.

The 14 yea old will be doing it hahaha! I don't get why there has to be competition haha
Reply 12
Original post by lukmash
The 14 yea old will be doing it hahaha! I don't get why there has to be competition haha

I don't really understand the competition either, I guess it's a remnant of the cave man days where siblings had to fight for survival and didn't want to be treated worse than their other siblings. The fact that he wants the same food as you and stuff is quite cute though, if he didn't like you then he'd want different things from you, but I think he wants to be like you :smile: Don't tell him that though or he'll deny it and be huffy for awhile :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
I don't really understand the competition either, I guess it's a remnant of the cave man days where siblings had to fight for survival and didn't want to be treated worse than their other siblings. The fact that he wants the same food as you and stuff is quite cute though, if he didn't like you then he'd want different things from you, but I think he wants to be like you :smile: Don't tell him that though or he'll deny it and be huffy for awhile :P

He would not have survived aha! It's annoying like I love spice so he tries to eat a chili and ends up crying hahahaha! He can have my life if he wants it ahah! He can spend time with my gf!
I think the best course of action might be to tell your mum. He's not too likely to listen to you unfortunately, and may take your mother more seriously.
It sounds like he looks up to you and is trying to emulate you... and a weird, teenage little brother kind of way.

Try talking to him. Ask him if he really needs the condoms and if so, offer to buy him some. (better that he's got access to them through you than not being able to get hold of them if they are being used) as for the underwear, ask what its all about... try to be friendly and helpful about it and offer to help rather than accusing.

If he doesn't want to talk I'd buy him some condoms and leave them in his room and have a chat to your mum about the underwear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending