The Student Room Group

Dianette Pill

I have been on Dianette for 2 months now, I have saw on the leaflet that you have to come off it after 6 months of taking it. I am on it for contraception and for Acne, Would It be okay to go off it for 1 month after the 6 months are over or will I have to wait longer. I would like to continue taking Dianette since it has worked well on my skin. Unless anyone else knows or has experienced good results with another contraceptive pill?
Original post by anna_1507
I have been on Dianette for 2 months now, I have saw on the leaflet that you have to come off it after 6 months of taking it. I am on it for contraception and for Acne, Would It be okay to go off it for 1 month after the 6 months are over or will I have to wait longer. I would like to continue taking Dianette since it has worked well on my skin. Unless anyone else knows or has experienced good results with another contraceptive pill?

I've tried a few pills: ovranette, femodette (both combined) and progesterone only- I'm not entirely sure what type of pill Dianette is/why you'd have to come off it after 6 months?

Overanette and Femodette both have worked for me, however I turned into a monster on progesterone only- saying that my friend has the implant with no ill effects, although the acclimatisation is annoying I'd try a couple and see what works best for you
I've been on it for 2 years nearly. After another 2 years I'll be taking 6 months off it.

Last time I took Dianette for 3 months, I then took a 5 month break.

You'll need to talk to your GP. I do think you'll have to wait a little longer than 1 month though.
Hey guys, would love to hear from someone how long it took to clear your acne on Dianette?!

I'm currently on the end of month 2 and i've had good spells at points, however i'm currently on the 7 day break of month two and my skins looks terrible :frown: I know that so many people have had such amazing results from Dianette clearing their acne in month three however I really feel like I need some encouragement! So fed up of waiting!

Quick Reply

Latest