The Student Room Group

The most polarizing TV shows and characters?

TV shows:

I reckon Lost. People I talk to either really liked it or really hated it, haven't talked to many people who think it's just alright. It got too ridiculous for some which made them hate it and more intriguing for some others which made them love it.

Characters:

Hannah/Lumen from Dexter
Carrie - Homeland
Winona - Justified
Marissa - The OC
Ted- How I Met Your Mother
Skylar - Breaking Bad
Original post by Deshi
TV shows:

I reckon Lost. People I talk to either really liked it or really hated it, haven't talked to many people who think it's just alright. It got too ridiculous for some which made them hate it and more intriguing for some others which made them love it.

I love Lost. It did go a bit crazy for a while but it was still a fantastic show. :biggrin:

I think talent and reality shows are one of the main branch of tv shows which people either love or hate (Big Brother, X Factor, TOWIE, MIC, KUWTK, Real Housewives...etc.)

As for characters:

Ben Linus - Lost (although I kept swaying between love and hate throughout the show)

Paul Young - Desperate Housewives

Malik - Holby City

Dan Scott - One Tree Hill
Reply 2
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I love Lost. It did go a bit crazy for a while but it was still a fantastic show. :biggrin:

I think talent and reality shows are one of the main branch of tv shows which people either love or hate (Big Brother, X Factor, TOWIE, MIC, KUWTK, Real Housewives...etc.)

As for characters:

Ben Linus - Lost (although I kept swaying between love and hate throughout the show)

Paul Young - Desperate Housewives

Malik - Holby City

Dan Scott - One Tree Hill

Yeah I also love it. It's my favourite show and I'm rewatching it all the way through for the first time so I've talked to a few people about it and they've either laughed and told me how the show was so crap or comment on how they need to watch the show again as they loved it, it's what prompted me to make this thread.

Don't know how I forgot about talent/reality shows, they'd probably win, I ****ing hate them, I was thinking more towards proper TV shows I guess :wink:

You could argue most of the main characters from Lost were polarizing, which is why I left it out, it's one of the things that makes the show so great. Kate/Jack/Juliet/Sawyer/Locke/Michael, towards the end I loved most though.

Annoying wives/girlfriends in shows are the worst :nothing:
Original post by Deshi
Yeah I also love it. It's my favourite show and I'm rewatching it all the way through for the first time so I've talked to a few people about it and they've either laughed and told me how the show was so crap or comment on how they need to watch the show again as they loved it, it's what prompted me to make this thread.

Don't know how I forgot about talent/reality shows, they'd probably win, I ****ing hate them, I was thinking more towards proper TV shows I guess :wink:

You could argue most of the main characters from Lost were polarizing, which is why I left it out, it's one of the things that makes the show so great. Kate/Jack/Juliet/Sawyer/Locke/Michael, towards the end I loved most though.

Annoying wives/girlfriends in shows are the worst :nothing:

Aww I love them! (With the exception of TOWIE and MIC) :colondollar:

Now you mention it, I see what you mean about most of the Lost characters being polarized characters!!
Lily and Marshall in HIMYM are pretty awful nowadays. Gavin in Gavin and Stacey was a terrible character. Sophie in Peep Show comes to mind too.

Quick Reply

Latest