The Student Room Group

Bath or St Andrews Masters in Marketing

I have have been accepted by St Andrews, Bath, Warwick and Durham, to do a Masters Degree in Marketing. I have managed to narrow it down to both Bath and St Andrews, but I'm having troubles deciding which one.
St Andrews is an Mlitt in marketing and is a total of 6 modules that are appealing, and Bath is an Msc in Marketing with 10 modules which seem slightly more interesting.
I think I prefer bath's campus and course, but St andrews is more prestigious, better recognised, has less modules per term, and would look great on a cv (or so I believe). Any advice on which University I should choose? Thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kensi.Barks
I have have been accepted by St Andrews, Bath, Warwick and Durham, to do a Masters Degree in Marketing. I have managed to narrow it down to both Bath and St Andrews, but I'm having troubles deciding which one.
St Andrews is an Mlitt in marketing and is a total of 6 modules that are appealing, and Bath is an Msc in Marketing with 10 modules which seem slightly more interesting.
I think I prefer bath's campus and course, but St andrews is more prestigious, better recognised, has less modules per term, and would look great on a cv (or so I believe). Any advice on which University I should choose? Thanks!

Hi there Kensi,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer.

I'm a second year student of International Management and Spanish at Bath and am personally loving it!

I had an offer for a similar course at St Andrews too but decided that Bath's reputation for being top in the UK for Management, along with the fantastic reputation Bath has with employers and the fantastic placement opportunities available to its students tipped the scale for Bath.

Five modules a semester is a perfectly manageable workload and you'll probably find that you have plenty of time to pursue other interests- and be that sporting or otherwise, Bath's huge range of clubs and societies will be perfect for doing that.

The amount of modules allows for a good breadth of knowledge and also means it's hard to get too bored- even if there is one module you don't particularly enjoy there are four others.

I haven't had any bad experiences with modules as of yet, and the School of Management take student feedback very seriously so they are constantly improving.

Also, in terms of prestige and recognition, it's important to note that Bath is in the top ten of all national league tables.

If you have any more questions about Bath please feel free to quote me,

Good luck in choosing!

Ellen
Reply 2
Hi Ellen!
Thank you very much for all the info! Il take all onboard :smile: its great to have an 'insider's' opinion :smile:
Thanks!
Reply 3
Hi Ellen,
I have an offer for Management at Bath but I'm worried the workload will be too much for me as I'm French and doing the French Baccalaureate.
Are the exams in Management difficult? Are the lecturers helpful?
Do you have exams every year in the beginning of January?
How do you find the nightlife on campus or in town?
Sooo many questions... I'm trying to decide between Bath and Exeter!

Original post by University Of Bath
Hi there Kensi,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer.

I'm a second year student of International Management and Spanish at Bath and am personally loving it!

I had an offer for a similar course at St Andrews too but decided that Bath's reputation for being top in the UK for Management, along with the fantastic reputation Bath has with employers and the fantastic placement opportunities available to its students tipped the scale for Bath.

Five modules a semester is a perfectly manageable workload and you'll probably find that you have plenty of time to pursue other interests- and be that sporting or otherwise, Bath's huge range of clubs and societies will be perfect for doing that.

The amount of modules allows for a good breadth of knowledge and also means it's hard to get too bored- even if there is one module you don't particularly enjoy there are four others.

I haven't had any bad experiences with modules as of yet, and the School of Management take student feedback very seriously so they are constantly improving.

Also, in terms of prestige and recognition, it's important to note that Bath is in the top ten of all national league tables.

If you have any more questions about Bath please feel free to quote me,

Good luck in choosing!

Ellen
Reply 4
Thought i'd bump this thread up instead of starting a new one- I'm looking to apply for 2016/2017 Masters in Marketing at Bath, does anybody know any key reading that would be beneficial? What are the main books worked from- I would like to get these in advance to i'm well prepared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending