The Student Room Group

Basically I need your opinions about paedophiles.

Scroll to see replies

the psychopathic ones (by definition have no remorse and see no problem with their actions) should be executed.
This is a very good read if you're interested in learning more about pedophilia (the attraction, not the act of child molestation). You can also get in contact with Virtuous Pedophiles, a group of pedophiles who are dedicated to not acting on their attractions.

The majority of pedophiles don't act on their attractions because they understand that it's wrong. For those pedophiles, I think improved access to mental health is important - being part of such a stigmatized minority can't be good for one's mental health. For those who take advantage of children, I think rehabilitation is important. If they can't be rehabilitated (and they probably can - the recidivism rate for sex offenders is surprisingly low) then chemical castration might be needed.
Rehabilitation is necessary for all criminals, I believe. Therapy and the like, however they should be subject to very careful monitoring and ongoing assessment. Chemical castration for more serious offenders I believe is a very viable option - after all, why should they be allowed to produce children if they pose a risk to them? It has been shown to lower sex drive significantly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending