The Student Room Group

uni of leeds portfolio??

I'm applying uni of leeds for graphic design and I'm not too sure what their portfolio requirements are

This is what they say on the website:
If you don’t have an A-level in a related art or design subject, you’ll need to submit a portfolio of recent and relevant art/design work. Please email at least six images of recent work to [email protected] at the time of your application to UCAS the email subject line should include your name and UCAS ID number.

Has anyone done this before? Do they only expect images of the final pieces or should I include the process as well?
Do you have an A level in an art/design subject?
Reply 2
I just have got the MA arts and design program offer from leeds, there are some experience may work for you.
Basically you just need to do some project around specific themes such as social problems, environment issues or some problem or interest things about your life. you need to share why do you want to do it, how do you survey this theme and what kind of experiment about graphs you done. finally, you can show some pictures or paints, books or whatever you create.
the most important thing about your portfolio is that you need to show your special thinking and opinion clearly and I suggest you to translate them to the graphs especially for applying this program.
I wish you can gain the admission, good luck ; )
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Do you have an A level in an art/design subject?

I take the IB Visual Arts so I would need to submit a portfolio
Reply 4
Original post by Sinan1027
I just have got the MA arts and design program offer from leeds, there are some experience may work for you.
Basically you just need to do some project around specific themes such as social problems, environment issues or some problem or interest things about your life. you need to share why do you want to do it, how do you survey this theme and what kind of experiment about graphs you done. finally, you can show some pictures or paints, books or whatever you create.
the most important thing about your portfolio is that you need to show your special thinking and opinion clearly and I suggest you to translate them to the graphs especially for applying this program.
I wish you can gain the admission, good luck ; )

Ahh okay, this is really helpful, thank you so much for the detailed response!
Original post by yiptn
I take the IB Visual Arts so I would need to submit a portfolio

Most universities would consider that equivalent to A level art for entry purposes.
Reply 6
Ohh okay, I'll see if they email me for a portfolio in the coming weeks then. Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest