The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
.jen.
italian has appealed to me cos of the romance, and i forgot about the latin link. i think i said portuguese at first cos i love the place from a holiday point of view :redface:

Yeah, greasy machos. :puke:
Reply 81
paddylad

So many questions, like why, how, when did we ever have kids etc

Don't you remember me being the godmother?! :biggrin:
Reply 82
french is still 100% the best though. the official language of love :love:
Reply 83
I voted for German because German rocks! I find it harder than French but as soon as you get your head around the endless list of grammar rules it starts to become second nature. Though I have a problem with remembering genders of words, and that sends knowledge of grammar rules out the window! Aaaaaaaanyway, personally I wouldn't try to self teach Arabic because of the new alphabet and pronunciation and Italian and Portuguese would be too easy for you. You want a challenge, don't you?
Reply 84
How did portuguese fall so far behind?!!! And how is german joint first??!! I think you should listen to the people who replied to you so soon before the rep incentives :biggrin: not that im complaining about it :p:

But I still go for first portuguese, then arabic and the other 2... wha'ever innit.
Reply 85
Jammertal
Yeah, greasy machos. :puke:

too much the truth. they're cocksure and annoyingly arrogant. but hey, let's not lower the tone...

Pads - sorry, i was sat in the sun for 4 hours today.
Reply 86
Mr. Jim
too much the truth. they're cocksure and annoyingly arrogant. but hey, let's not lower the tone...

I think we should consider ALL the aspects of a language. :p: :biggrin:
Reply 87
Jammertal
I think we should consider ALL the aspects of a language. :p: :biggrin:

hehe, yeah i shouldnt be childish about it, but i really do quite not like that country. and the stress in the speech is all weird...i'll hush and stick to the "you've done enough romance languages" argument. :redface:
Reply 88
Arabic, innit.
Reply 89
Mr. Jim
Pads - sorry, i was sat in the sun for 4 hours today.

Hmm, I should really do that, make a dent in Irish paleness anyways:rolleyes:
Oh yeah Jammertal won the last rep incentive! I'll rep you tomorrow jammy!!
Yeah so it does appear that it'll be a showdown between German and Italian, although Arabic does seem to be slowly making a comeback. All the excitement and I still have to wait til Sunday to find out!
Reply 90
paddylad
Hmm, I should really do that, make a dent in Irish paleness anyways:rolleyes:

well i was sat in it, not exposed to it. we were discussing a very delicate situation my friend's gotten into and the hours seemed to fly by :p:
nope, still nice and pale-looking...:redface: tho my ears may be burnt...
Reply 91
Mr. Jim
well i was sat in it, not exposed to it. we were discussing a very delicate situation my friend's gotten into and the hours seemed to fly by :p:
nope, still nice and pale-looking...:redface: tho my ears may be burnt...

Pale with bright red ears? Methinks you're going to have to post a photo tomorrow:wink:
I miss my friends, damn geography!!
I REALLY hope it isn't hot on Thursday, because I have to wear a suit to my interview and me+suit+heat=you don't want to know. Speech day in school was a nightmare:frown:
I'll have to sneak a mini fan in with me. And an icebox. I am so screwed.
Reply 92
.jen.
french is still 100% the best though. the official language of love :love:

French, eugh:rolleyes:
Yet future career aspirations necessitate me picking up where I left off at GCSE. Poo.
Reply 93
paddylad
Pale with bright red ears? Methinks you're going to have to post a photo tomorrow:wink:
I miss my friends, damn geography!!
I REALLY hope it isn't hot on Thursday, because I have to wear a suit to my interview and me+suit+heat=you don't want to know. Speech day in school was a nightmare:frown:
I'll have to sneak a mini fan in with me. And an icebox. I am so screwed.

haha j'understando completelich. get like...a girdle full of coolant liquid... wow i want one...

and what's the career aspirations that needs french like?
Reply 94
Mr. Jim
haha j'understando completelich. get like...a girdle full of coolant liquid... wow i want one...

and what's the career aspirations that needs french like?

Diplomacy my good geordie friend, queiro ser un diplomat (wrong I know but on the otherhand if it is it probs just needs an extra 'o' anyway). Well actually I wouldn't mind several careers but that's the one I've said so I'm sticking to it.
I want to do archaeology:bawling:
Reply 95
paddylad
Diplomacy my good geordie friend, queiro ser un diplomat (wrong I know but on the otherhand if it is it probs just needs an extra 'o' anyway). Well actually I wouldn't mind several careers but that's the one I've said so I'm sticking to it.
I want to do archaeology:bawling:

archaeology's mint, wish i cudda done the full a-level but it involves having to go out and do a dig so college couldnt be arsed. lmao
Reply 96
Mr. Jim
archaeology's mint, wish i cudda done the full a-level but it involves having to go out and do a dig so college couldnt be arsed. lmao

I know I would so have done A Level Archaeology! I would LOVE to apply for the uni course, but I'm worried that I'd end up poor etc as archaeology graduates have v bad employment stats:frown: :frown:
Reply 97
effing money ruins everything. tho i'll just stay proud that my essay on the development and possible uses of stonehenge got me an A :cool:
Reply 98
Mr. Jim
effing money ruins everything. tho i'll just stay proud that my essay on the development and possible uses of stonehenge got me an A :cool:

:party:
I hope I'm able to take a module or two in Archaeology, that would be awesome. UCL's archaeology department is SO cool, they have so many cool modules like Metallurgy. I have no idea what that one is, but it sounds well good:biggrin: They also do Ancient Egyptian language, how cool would that be?!

http://www.whiteninjacomics.com/comics/cactuses.shtml
*chuckles*
Reply 99
didnt they write everything without vowels? it's like ancient text messaging. would be cool like. i'd hazzard a guess that metallurgy was something to do with metal?

Latest

Trending

Trending