The Student Room Group

Arabic A level or criminology

I’m very unsure whether I should pick Arabic A level or criminology in college. I have currently settled on Law A level and Business A level which is why I wanted to pick criminology as it would help me a lot with law. However I would say I’m fluent in Arabic and got a grade 9 for GCSEs so it might be an easier A level for me to pick. However I just would like to have advice on what would benefit me more and what would be easier for me to pick
Original post by Nashwashaaban
I’m very unsure whether I should pick Arabic A level or criminology in college. I have currently settled on Law A level and Business A level which is why I wanted to pick criminology as it would help me a lot with law. However I would say I’m fluent in Arabic and got a grade 9 for GCSEs so it might be an easier A level for me to pick. However I just would like to have advice on what would benefit me more and what would be easier for me to pick

Criminology is not an A-level which may hinder an application to universities as some don't like the fact that it isn't an A-level. A language when applying to law can also make you look like a better candidate, but at the end of the day the decision is up to you.
Original post by Nashwashaaban

As stared Criminology is not an A-level and is in fact strongly discouraged by some universities. Arabic as an language subject is well regarded and wouldn't really disadvantage you in the vast majority of cases.

Quick Reply

Latest