The Student Room Group

alevels for cambridge

i’m really interested in doing a modern languages course at cambridge but i’m stuck on what third a level to pick.

i’m definitely planning on doing both spanish and german but i was planning on doing politics as a third, but i’ve heard i should do a science instead? i’m not the best at science and psychology doesn’t really interest me (which is the one i would be most willing to take).

if i wanted to apply to cambridge, would it be better if i do history or a science rather than politics?
Original post by hanalei24
i’m really interested in doing a modern languages course at cambridge but i’m stuck on what third a level to pick.

i’m definitely planning on doing both spanish and german but i was planning on doing politics as a third, but i’ve heard i should do a science instead? i’m not the best at science and psychology doesn’t really interest me (which is the one i would be most willing to take).

if i wanted to apply to cambridge, would it be better if i do history or a science rather than politics?

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/mml_subject_requirements.pdf

These are the entry requirements for MML at Cambridge, and a science isn't mentioned anywhere, so I would pick either history or politics.
Original post by hanalei24

History, German and Spanish would be an 'ideal' combination of subjects for Spanish and German at Cambridge University. 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by flowersinmyhair

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/mml_subject_requirements.pdf

These are the entry requirements for MML at Cambridge, and a science isn't mentioned anywhere, so I would pick either history or politics.

oooh ok phew because science isn’t really my forté
Reply 4
yeah if u don't like sciences then don't go for it
i think MML courses need to have a medieval language as well to go with it like latin or greek??
Reply 5
Original post by penguin54
i think MML courses need to have a medieval language as well to go with it like latin or greek??

Where does it say that? Many schools don't offer those A levels so they cannot be a requirement for MFL.
Reply 6

my friend got an offer for MML at camb but shes only doing spanish & french i think, you don't have to do a medieval language, u can do 2 modern languages from my knowledge?

This isn't true. MML is simply the name of the course, whether or not you do a medieval language (most students don't). You only need Latin A-Level if Latin is one of the two primary languages you're studying. Greek A-Level is not required even if you plan to study Greek.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending