The Student Room Group

What shows are on your 'To Watch' list?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
True Detective looks amazing!
The Mentalist (going to start watching it today)

I've watched practically every other good show that's been recommended to me :rolleyes:
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
Thing is, the episodes are so amazing that you don't realise how long they are! Especially the first 2 seasons. The 3rd was nowhere near as good as the first two :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: The 3rd season was this year, the first aired on new years day, the second on my b'day and the third on the 12th I think? The next season ia apparently coming out in two years time? :eek: They take ages to make the Sherlock ones. Apparently it was something about him faking his death..? I like Sherlock, he reminds me of the doctor :yep:
Original post by Secret.
True Detective looks amazing!
The Mentalist (going to start watching it today)

I've watched practically every other good show that's been recommended to me :rolleyes:

Merlin! Have you watched Merlin? I definitely recommend that :yep:
Reply 43
There are only 9 episodes, come on! Watch it watch it watch it

Tomorrow I'll start! :biggrin:

Original post by AMYC1999
Do you even know how long they are? :teehee:

I thought an hour

I thought wrong :tongue:
Reply 44
:biggrin:

I've seen The Diamond Of The Day Pt 2 at least 6 times since it ended, breaks my heart every time :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That episode was just :cry2:.
Original post by Robbie242
Tomorrow I'll start! :biggrin:

I thought an hour

I thought wrong :tongue:

And what about Merlin..? Watch it!
Reply 46
And what about Merlin..? Watch it!

Omg I forgot about Merlin
I'll watch that eventually, it sounds kinda boring though

*inb4 merlin fangirls*
:lol: The 3rd season was this year, the first aired on new years day, the second on my b'day and the third on the 12th I think? The next season ia apparently coming out in two years time? :eek: They take ages to make the Sherlock ones. Apparently it was something about him faking his death..? I like Sherlock, he reminds me of the doctor :yep:

Yup, it aired last month (finally) after a 2 year wait! I've been watching Sherlock since 2010 so I'm used to the wait :tongue:
Haha I won't spoil it for any prospective watchers :wink: but you'll love it - in fact I'm surprised you haven't seen it as every single Dr Who I've ever met in my life has also been a Sherlock fan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg I forgot about Merlin
I'll watch that eventually, it sounds kinda boring though

*inb4 merlin fangirls*

:eek: you did not just say that! :mad:
Merlin! Have you watched Merlin? I definitely recommend that :yep:

Have you seen the "We Have Had The Time Of Our Lives" tribute vid on YouTube? I make it my duty to make sure every Merlin fan has seen it :wink: it's the best thing ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Sherlock
Outnumbered

Ahhhhh Outnumbered, that's another one I'm gonna have to have to add to the list then! Loved the episodes I've watched so far.
Yup, it aired last month (finally) after a 2 year wait! I've been watching Sherlock since 2010 so I'm used to the wait :tongue:
Haha I won't spoil it for any prospective watchers :wink: but you'll love it - in fact I'm surprised you haven't seen it as every single Dr Who I've ever met in my life has also been a Sherlock fan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah right :tongue: I don't think I'll be able to bare the wait for the next one though if I watch it. But then again I had to wait for the new series of Yung Dracula to come on.
Ahh :grumble: Oh don't worry, I'm likely to become one :wink:
Reply 52
Original post by Ruffiio
Royal Cousins at War: Into The Abyss
Question Time
Britain's Great War; The War Machine
Daily Politics
Andrew Marr Show (Tomorrow)
Fresh Prince of Bel Air

I tune into Question Time depending on whether the panel is fairly high profile/influential or not, Daily Politics comes on too early in the morning for me cos I do snooze in quite a bit :P Andrew Marr is quite good in terms of seeing politicians get a fairly good grilling, and Fresh Prince, man that's just comedy gold :P
I haven't :nah: I shall do so now :yep:

:biggrin: tell me what you think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you seen the "We Have Had The Time Of Our Lives" tribute vid on YouTube? I make it my duty to make sure every Merlin fan has seen it :wink: it's the best thing ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't :nah: I shall do so now :yep:
Reply 55
Original post by JaiiStarh
It's really annoying because when I hear people talking about it it sounds like my kind of show but I think it's just abit slow. I always seems to lose interest 2/3 episodes in.

Well I might be abit bias because The Wire is one of my favourite shows... But yeah it's great lol. In some seasons there's quite abit of action as well, the storyline isn't particularly slow so it's quite easy to keep up with!

Yeah I agree, Prison Break had too many filler episodes in my opinion, and hence the other episodes were also a bit slow, causing me also to be a bit disinterested. Much the same can be said about The Walking Dead really.

I've watched the pilot episode for The Wire, and I must say I am enticed by it already, got plenty of premise. Safe to say I'll probably be hooked on it soon!
Reply 56
Original post by Quilt
It looks sooo good! I've seen a lot of good reviews of it from Youtubers that I watch. There's been 2 seasons and I'm not sure if the 2nd has finished yet.

Does anyone recommend Prison Break? I've seen mixed feelings about it.

Also, everyone saying they plan to watch Breaking Bad, get to it!! Best show EVER! Honestly worth sitting in your room for days on end on Netflix :smile:

For Prison Break it really depends on your concentration levels, because it can be really dramatic and somewhat pretentious in a few episodes also lacking action causing it to be a bit slow. If you're prepared to sit through those in order for it to build up to a couple of big climaxes, then it's good. I found some episodes all right, but then just couldn't stay committed to it cos it was just a bit too slow for my liking. 50/50 really
Reply 57
Sherlock
Silent Witness
The Big Bang Theory
Breaking Bad

And I want to re-watch some episodes of:

Doctor Who
Young Dracula
Merlin

Silent Witness! Cheers for reminding me of that one! Always been one that I forget about in terms of getting round to watch, will now pencil it in for watching later. Thanks! :wink:
Original post by solitarysniper
Yeah I agree, Prison Break had too many filler episodes in my opinion, and hence the other episodes were also a bit slow, causing me also to be a bit disinterested. Much the same can be said about The Walking Dead really.

I've watched the pilot episode for The Wire, and I must say I am enticed by it already, got plenty of premise. Safe to say I'll probably be hooked on it soon!

Ha great! All I can say is enjoy!
Reply 59
SO many lol

The Goodwife - Season 4
CSI
Major Crimes
The Bridge (US)
The Killing (US)
Supernatural
Graceland
Damages
Vampire Diaries