The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Would I be able to get I to St Andrews or LSE with these grades?

At gcse I got 2 nines, 3 eights, a 7, 3 sixes and a 5, while at a level im predicted an A* , A and 2 B’s. I would like to do philosophy ( with social anthropology), would I be able to get in?
( my other options are Manchester, Belfast, Durham, Exeter and Aberdeen)
If anyone has any other comments or suggestions it would really help thanks.
As long as it meets their entry requirements and your personal statement is topnotch then you're fine. Not many look at GCSEs as a large determining factor for giving you an offer. Your predicted grades are there to see if you can meet their entry requirement and they will judge how likely you're gonna get those grades based on your references from your teachers and your personal statement. From my understanding, LSE places really high stress on your personal statement being one of their main determining factors as they don't do interviews, entrance exams etc, same goes with other unis that only use your UCAS application.
Rememeber offers are not determined solely by grades, your personal statement and references carry way more importance (in the assumption you've applied to courses where your predicted grades meet the entry grades, if they don't meet the grades listed on their website, they likely filter these applications out into a rejected pile since you didn't research well enough)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Carrotsroom
As long as it meets their entry requirements and your personal statement is topnotch then you're fine. Not many look at GCSEs as a large determining factor for giving you an offer. Your predicted grades are there to see if you can meet their entry requirement and they will judge how likely you're gonna get those grades based on your references from your teachers and your personal statement. From my understanding, LSE places really high stress on your personal statement being one of their main determining factors as they don't do interviews, entrance exams etc, same goes with other unis that only use your UCAS application.
Rememeber offers are not determined solely by grades, your personal statement and references carry way more importance (in the assumption you've applied to courses where your predicted grades meet the entry grades, if they don't meet the grades listed on their website, they likely filter these applications out into a rejected pile since you didn't research well enough)

Thank you so much, I’ve looked at the grade requirements and I meet all of them, what would you recommend to do to strengthen my personal statement?
Original post by Elisadeliberali
Thank you so much, I’ve looked at the grade requirements and I meet all of them, what would you recommend to do to strengthen my personal statement?

Make sure you really show your interest in your subject! You'll hear this loads but essentially they are looking for a genuine interest for your degree. Showing them you've gone out of your way outside A-levels and studies to explore your degree choice is a perfect way to showcase this. Many people use reading and books to do this but just watching videos, getting involved in certain events etc is a great way. You can also get your PS reviewed on TSR so take advantage of this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending