The Student Room Group

What do you look for in a girl?

Guys and girls, what are the main qualities you like in a girl? The first thing you notice?

I am attracted to girls with long, dark hair and naturally tanned skinned, with dark eyes. I like deeper, husky voices too. And a funny personality.

What about you?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My penis, lol jk, the first thing I notice has to be the face tbh, then hair/figure. The main qualities I like are personality & obviously I have to be physically attracted to them as well. I'd prefer them to have a fair amount of common interests & just be a down to earth friendly person, who shares a similar values & is good to have a laugh with :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Multitalented me
My penis, lol jk, the first thing I notice has to be the face tbh, then hair/figure. The main qualities I like are personality & obviously I have to be physically attracted to them as well. I'd prefer them to have a fair amount of common interests & just be a down to earth friendly person, who shares a similar values & is good to have a laugh with :smile:

Haha really? I thought it would be the stereo-typical blonde, blue eyed stick thin goddess. Eh, good to know xD

I mean I guess those kinda girls are pretty and of course not all boys/girls fancy them, but I just wonder why this had to be the 'ideal' girl in this modern day and age.
big boobs
nice ass
down to earth
laid back
able to have a decent debate
Reply 4
Has anyone said "my dick" yet?

Original post by Multitalented me
My penis

Knew someone would have. :rofl:

Well, the girls I find more attractive personally usually have dark hair/dark eyes, quite tall, busty, nice smile. Then again, Christina Hendricks is just...:love:
Reply 5
cute face. smiles so big you can see her teeth. immature sense of humour. likes arguing.

anything else is a bonus.
In terms of looks...

Face > bum > body > boobs
In terms of first impressions, something that suggests she's beside the norm. Can be anything, really. Particularly nice tattoos, a certain style, an unusual well-pulled-off hairstyle, whatever. A lot of girls seem to be almost carbon copies of one another to me. Same clothes, same taste in music and film, same opinions. Anyone that offers a fresh perspective on things will grab my curiosity.
Reply 8
Growing up in secondary school, it was pretty much solely based on looks. As a group of competitive males, you wanted to be able to say to your mates 'i've got a fitter girlfriend than you'. But often those relationships didn't go the distance, they weren't built on solid ground.

As I've got older, I've realised it is about more than just looks. Some say it, but I really mean it. You need somebody you've got something in common with, somebody on the same wavelength as you, somebody with plenty to discuss at the breakfast table with. Attraction is important, but it's not the be all and end all. Not for me now I am coming up to my mid 20s. Some key traits I'd look for are,

Intelligence: You want somebody who can hold a conversation together, somebody up to speed with events in the world, somebody who prefers BBC news (or alternative news networks) every morning to daytime tv and X Factor. Somebody who realises the world is bigger than her home town.

Independence: I dislike those girls that mope around after their boyfriend. You want a strong independent career woman that challenges you. It use to annoy me when I'd ask girls at work what their plans for the weekend are, and they'd say 'whatever the boyfriend is doing'. It really annoys me. You as her boyfriend, would want to be just one part of her life, along with her social circle, career, family etc. Somebody with nothing else going for them isn't attractive.

Strong Minded: You want somebody that knows what they want out of life, and has the desire and mental strength to go out and get it. Also somebody that challenges you and isn't afraid to disagree with you and debate with you.

So, those three things for me would be desirable attributes. Looks are important, there has to be a level of attraction, but I suppose what I'd say is (and sorry to put it in these terms) I'd take a 6/10 with the above traits rather than a 9.5/10 without them.

Bonus Attributes would be: Somebody open to new things in all areas of life, whether this be new things in terms of travel, weekend experiences, action sports, bedroom antics. And another bonus attribute, I would absolutely love love love a girl that liked Football or Video Games. Or ideally both! :tongue: Anybody like that, please be in touch :colondollar:
Cuuurrrvvvyyyy :love:
Also Eastern European looking….
So…. myself in the form of another person. Wow that sounds narcissistic. Except I'm chubs not curvy haha
Reply 10
they must have a cookie as their avatar :wink:
Reply 11
Maturity, intelligence, mutual interests etc.
Generally speaking, I don't have a "type" as such. I do like girls with dyed hair though and hell, even girls with a "emo/punk look" are awesome (that said, tattoos don't do much for me on the majority of girls). Honestly though a real connection personality wise is far more important to me when it actually comes down to anything serious. :P
Reply 13
Wow, there's a lot of lesbians on this thread :sexface:
Maturity, open mindedness.
Original post by Eboracum
Growing up in secondary school, it was pretty much solely based on looks. As a group of competitive males, you wanted to be able to say to your mates 'i've got a fitter girlfriend than you'. But often those relationships didn't go the distance, they weren't built on solid ground.

As I've got older, I've realised it is about more than just looks. Some say it, but I really mean it. You need somebody you've got something in common with, somebody on the same wavelength as you, somebody with plenty to discuss at the breakfast table with. Attraction is important, but it's not the be all and end all. Not for me now I am coming up to my mid 20s. Some key traits I'd look for are,

Intelligence: You want somebody who can hold a conversation together, somebody up to speed with events in the world, Somebody who realises the world is bigger than her home town. And a woman who is able to do something with effort for the man instead of the man always having to do all the lovey-dovey stuff.

Independence: I dislike those girls that mope around after their boyfriend. You want a strong independent career woman that challenges you. It use to annoy me when I'd ask girls at work what their plans for the weekend are, and they'd say 'whatever the boyfriend is doing'. It really annoys me. You as her boyfriend, would want to be just one part of her life, along with her social circle, career, family etc. Somebody with nothing else going for them isn't attractive.

Strong Minded: You want somebody that knows what they want out of life, and has the desire and mental strength to go out and get it. Also somebody that challenges you and isn't afraid to disagree with you and debate with you.

So, those three things for me would be desirable attributes. Looks are important, there has to be a level of attraction, but I suppose what I'd say is (and sorry to put it in these terms) I'd take a 6/10 with the above traits rather than a 9.5/10 without them.

Bonus Attributes would be: Somebody open to new things in all areas of life, whether this be new things in terms of travel, weekend experiences, action sports, bedroom antics. And another bonus attribute, I would absolutely love love love a girl that liked Video Games. :tongue: Anybody like that, please be in touch :colondollar:

Now this is what I look for in a girl and I am a romantic myself. :colondollar:
Reply 16
Original post by Iftekhar Ahmed
Now this is what I look for in a girl and I am a romantic myself. :colondollar:

Good Man. Indeed, it's become fairly obvious those for me are the character traits of a woman I'd like to spend the rest of my life with.
Original post by PoGo HoPz

Being a lesbian is trendy now. :fan:
An oblong face with sharp features; slim; long hair; white, possibly mongoloid.
Intellect, with an initiative in untapping it. Humility and compassion. Responsibility, emotional maturity.
Reply 19
Original post by PoGo HoPz

Meaning none of them would give you a second look or any of their time. :nopity:

Quick Reply

Latest