The Student Room Group

Why do ugly guys complain they can't get girls?

If you're not a goodlooking guy why should girls be interested in you? I don't get what they complain about, do they expect girls to fall for someone not attractive? And why should they? If you weren't born with the gift of beauty then dating is not your field, find something else to do. And it's hypocrisy to be honest because they don't like ugly girls either, so they accuse girls of doing the same as them.
Original post by Anonymous
If you're not a goodlooking guy why should girls be interested in you? I don't get what they complain about, do they expect girls to fall for someone not attractive? And why should they? If you weren't born with the gift of beauty then dating is not your field, find something else to do. And it's hypocrisy to be honest because they don't like ugly girls either, so they accuse girls of doing the same as them.

Because we are all social creatures, and a need for relationships is inherent in a lot of us?

By your line of argument, you can say the same thing about women who are:

single mothers

single and unwed by the time they are in their mid 30s or early 40s

choosing to stay single because they can't get the guys they want

single and without child past their mid-30s

overweight but refuse to do anything about it

have a bad attitude but refuse to do anything about it

rude but refuse to practice basic etiquette

Do note, the distinction with my list above and your line of argument is that women are able to choose to do the above (or their decisions have led them to the above results), whereas looks is something you're born with and you can only make minor changes through appropriate lifestyle changes over time.

I recommend to stop, think, and look into the argument on both sides before making such proclamantions.
Reply 2
Because we are all social creatures, and a need for relationships is inherent in a lot of us?

By your line of argument, you can say the same thing about women who are:

single mothers

single and unwed by the time they are in their mid 30s or early 40s

choosing to stay single because they can't get the guys they want

single and without child past their mid-30s

overweight but refuse to do anything about it

have a bad attitude but refuse to do anything about it

rude but refuse to practice basic etiquette

Do note, the distinction with my list above and your line of argument is that women are able to choose to do the above (or their decisions have led them to the above results), whereas looks is something you're born with and you can only make minor changes through appropriate lifestyle changes over time.

I recommend to stop, think, and look into the argument on both sides before making such proclamantions.

What proclamations? They complain, it's a fact. And to be honest I don't hear girls complaining they can't get guys. I only hear ugly guys irl and in this forum too who complain they can't get girls.
What the...

Pretty much all people crave social interaction and want a romantic relationship at some point, it's insensitive and pointless to just tell ugly people to suck it up because that desire isn't something that can just be turned off. Also, I don't think it's hypocritical because pretty much everyone is biologically hardwired to be attracted to beauty as it's a genetic marker for health. So ugly people are just as attracted to beauty as anyone else.
There is no such thing as an "ugly guy" or an "ugly girl". Everyone is attractive and wonderful in their own right. Some people meet societies' expectations of physical beauty more than others, but nobody is unattractive.

Relationships are so much more than physical attraction.
Reply 5
There is no such thing as an "ugly guy" or an "ugly girl". Everyone is attractive and wonderful in their own right. Some people meet societies' expectations of physical beauty more than others, but nobody is unattractive.

Well they complain so they disagree with you lol
If you're not a goodlooking guy why should girls be interested in you?

Cuz many girls claim looks aren't that important and personality is way more important and etc.

I don't get what they complain about, do they expect girls to fall for someone not attractive? And why should they?

Most of those guys will agree with you that girls won't fall for someone who's not attractive. What they will say is that girls either outright lie about their preferences (personality isn't really that important compared to things like looks, status, wealth, etc even if they're a major douchebag) or are just not self-aware about their dating habits.

If you weren't born with the gift of beauty then dating is not your field, find something else to do.

Troll

And it's hypocrisy to be honest because they don't like ugly girls either, so they accuse girls of doing the same as them.

Nah I think a great deal of men will date a vastly more wide range of women, ugly or not, than will your average girl. Loads of "ugly" girls have no shortage of men. Now, whether those men are worth it is another question. The point is ugly men have no options at all.

As an ugly guy, this is a load of rubbish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending