The Student Room Group

Girls find only 20% of guys attractive

It's been proved by many studies now. And girls confirm this when asked, so it's legit to say. There's nothing wrong with it to be honest, it just means that some guys are deluded

(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do we really have to keep doing this?

"Lots of studies" then links to a blackpill YouTube channel. Garbage.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One

No, it's been studied by University of Austin Texas who published the report, many others have published similar reports. And girls confirm this anyway when asked so it's not a debate. People have said this already in TSR too
[url=https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2260361]https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2260361]https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2260361

It's also confirmed by the studies that show 63% of guys are single, which proves girls tend to be selective.
https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/02/08/for-valentines-day-5-facts-about-single-americans/
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Admit-One

It's true. Online, most women rate 80% of men as 'Below average' in attractiveness.

And 30% of men, compared to 18% of women, under the age of 30 have not had sex in the past year.

So what does this mean: It means that 70% of men of men under 30 did have sex, so it's not 80% of men not having sex. But it's also true that far more men than women are going without sex, despite the fact that gay males are slightly more common than gay females.

He's not wrong. It also doesn't matter. People don't have to have sex with anyone they don't want to and anyone can deny anyone sex for any reason: Maybe they're too tall, short, skinny, fat, pale, dark, stupid, smart, poor, obnoxious, nerdy, sporty or any other adjective you can come up with.

The answer to them is 'Improve yourself or don't. Be better or don't. Be mad that people aren't forced to have sex with you. It ultimately won't change a thing.'
(edited 5 months ago)
If I'm not in that 20% imma flip
Original post by Kawasa
It's been proved by many studies now. And girls confirm this when asked, so it's legit to say. There's nothing wrong with it to be honest, it just means that some guys are deluded

That video was really boring with a boring robotic voice from the presenter.

From what I could gather, before falling into a catatonic state, that video was going on about online dating, with him citing some stuff from OK Cupid.

There's a lot more to the world of dating than online.

Kawasa, does your experience of the dating world correspond to what Mr Robot was saying in that video?
Mine doesn't.

I think it's easy to be in the top 20% attractiveness wise. Attractive as in how attracted women are in getting into a romantic relationship with you. It's so easy that 95% of men could be in the top 20%. So easy that it's easier to be in the top 20% than the bottom 80%.
It's not my fault if so many men self-sabotage themselves so that they don't get into the top 20%.
And I'm not talking about cosmetic surgery, going to the gym, getting rich nor anything like that. I'm talking about taking certain clever / wise routes in life that are easy and also result in you being more attractive to women at the same time.

Are you a self-sabotager, Kawasa?
Reply 6
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
That video was really boring with a boring robotic voice from the presenter.

From what I could gather, before falling into a catatonic state, that video was going on about online dating, with him citing some stuff from OK Cupid.

There's a lot more to the world of dating than online.

Kawasa, does your experience of the dating world correspond to what Mr Robot was saying in that video?
Mine doesn't.

I think it's easy to be in the top 20% attractiveness wise. Attractive as in how attracted women are in getting into a romantic relationship with you. It's so easy that 95% of men could be in the top 20%. So easy that it's easier to be in the top 20% than the bottom 80%.
It's not my fault if so many men self-sabotage themselves so that they don't get into the top 20%.
And I'm not talking about cosmetic surgery, going to the gym, getting rich nor anything like that. I'm talking about taking certain clever / wise routes in life that are easy and also result in you being more attractive to women at the same time.

Are you a self-sabotager, Kawasa?

Your genetics determine if you're in the 15/20% of attractive guys. You can't change the main attractive features that are your face and height. You can change limited points such as weight but it's not enough to be attractive. To be in the top 20% it's like a talent, you're either born with it or you're not. That's why 63% of guys are single
Original post by Kawasa
No, it's been studied by University of Austin Texas

I always thought thought it was the University of Texas, at Austin.
Reply 8
Original post by Kawasa
Your genetics determine if you're in the 15/20% of attractive guys. You can't change the main attractive features that are your face and height. You can change limited points such as weight but it's not enough to be attractive. To be in the top 20% it's like a talent, you're either born with it or you're not. That's why 63% of guys are single

Only 13% of guys are single.
Original post by Kawasa

It's also confirmed by the studies that show 63% of guys are single, which proves girls tend to be selective.
https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/02/08/for-valentines-day-5-facts-about-single-americans/

This shows that 63% of men in late teens & 20s are single, and drops to 25% for men in their 30s (and considering some men will choose to be single, and others will likely be in the playing the field stage & others recently single) this is a very reasonable percentage so actually quite a small amount of men who are unable to find a relationship.
Reply 10
Original post by mnot
This shows that 63% of men in late teens & 20s are single, and drops to 25% for men in their 30s (and considering some men will choose to be single, and others will likely be in the playing the field stage & others recently single) this is a very reasonable percentage so actually quite a small amount of men who are unable to find a relationship.

63% of guys under 30 are single. Men older than 30 have to lower their standards and settle with ugly girls or stay single till they get old. Also the previous generations are less affected by girls' hypergamy because there weren't online dating and equal salaries for women. In the past women didn't have the same salaries as men and they didn't have the possibility to choose the attractive men online. Today girls are independent financially and can choose the best looking guys out of thousands thanks to online
Original post by Kawasa
63% of guys under 30 are single. Men older than 30 have to lower their standards and settle with ugly girls or stay single till they get old. Also the previous generations are less affected by girls' hypergamy because there weren't online dating and equal salaries for women. In the past women didn't have the same salaries as men and they didn't have the possibility to choose the attractive men online. Today girls are independent financially and can choose the best looking guys out of thousands thanks to online

You come across as a very balanced, level headed person, conducting a thorough yet critical analysis of society.

Im sure you’d make a great sociologist.
Original post by Kawasa

If 63% of men have to go for the bottom 63% of women, and 20% of men get the top 20% of women, and 17% of women can't get a relationship... I mean... Mathematically that is absolutely average.
Original post by Kawasa

I disagree totally.

The body is far more important to one's physical looks than you are making out.
The Liam Neeson rugged face with a decent (doesn't have to be gym honed) body is a fine look.

Look at Ashly and Sophie from the latest series of 90 Day Fiance. Both of them would be stunningly beautiful if they had athletic bodies instead of being clinically obese and somewhat chubby respectively.

Gino would be physically attractive enough if he lost a bit of weight. And he'd be a lot more attractive to women if he didn't keep making typical nice guy mistakes.

You are just making stuff up out of thin air when you say "Men older than 30 have to lower their standards and settle with ugly girls"
There is no scientific evidence whatsoever for your assertion.
It's a Wheat Waffles type bit of fiction that is presented as if it's a self-evident fact.
Reply 14
Christ you are dull
Reply 15
Original post by ThatOldGuy
If 63% of men have to go for the bottom 63% of women, and 20% of men get the top 20% of women, and 17% of women can't get a relationship... I mean... Mathematically that is absolutely average.

It means the goodlooking guys get more than 20% of girls. The goodlooking guys that girls find attractive (also called Chads)have the top 20% of girls and also the girls below. They leave only the ugly girls at the bottom, so guys perceived as unattractive have to settle for ugly girls and some guys are left with nothing.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Kawasa
It means the goodlooking guys get more than 20% of girls. The goodlooking guys that girls find attractive (also called Chads)have the top 20% of girls and also the girls below. They leave only the ugly girls at the bottom, so guys perceived as unattractive have to settle for ugly girls and some guys are left with nothing.

True and irrelevant. I was arguing with your 'guys have to settle in their thirties' argument. 17% of women are not having sex, so those top 20% of men aren't having sex with them.

63% of men, as per your number, have to 'settle'. 63%+17% = 80% of men accounted for in relationships.

20% of men - The top 20% then have to date. I assume you're saying that those 20% are dating younger. Sure. Maybe.

The real answer is that the real "top 20%" of men are ones who are attractive, ready for a relationship, faithful, fun and interesting. Those ones are getting married young to the top 20% of women - Women who are attractive, ready for a relationship, faithful, fun and interesting.

Then, you have the 'perpetual bachelors'. These guys might have abs and money, but they'll end up in the exact same relationship with the exact same women.

Most first marriages succeed. Most second marriages fail. Overwhelmingly most third marriages fail. If you're a guy, aim to marry someone who is on the same journey as you. Don't marry someone who can't keep a relationship and sleeps around and you will be successful.
Reply 17
This is why there are so many cat ladies.
Reply 18
I can believe that there are 20% of people that are judged most desirable. However there is also an element of who you ideally want and who you can attract in to the equation. As well as people you would die for to date, there are people that are attractive and particularly if they show you enthusiasm
Original post by Kawasa

This top 20% of guys lookswise. Are they having one night stand type hook-ups? Or are they in ongoing long term relationships with women - in your opinion?

If they're having short term hook-ups I don't see the issue in that for the rest of us outside of this 20% group of yours. Because all these handsome guys have done is to take a woman off the market for a few days. And then she'll be back being single and available again.

If you think that "chads" are significantly more likely to be in ongoing relationships with 2 or more women, on what scientific evidence are you basing that on?

Did you ever watch the Jeremy Kyle show? How did the guests on that show fit your model?
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest