The Student Room Group

lancaster vs manchester

which is better for msc in statistics lancaster or manchester?
Reply 1
Original post by theos1
which is better for msc in statistics lancaster or manchester?

Lancaster is cheaper
Lancaster is higher up the current league tables
Lancaster has marginally higher employment %
They have the same student to staff ratio

As a Manchester Alumna I would still say Manchester but I honestly think that they are close enough for you to decide on your feelings about the place and the staff during a visit
Reply 2
Original post by TenOfThem
Lancaster is cheaper
Lancaster is higher up the current league tables
Lancaster has marginally higher employment %
They have the same student to staff ratio

As a Manchester Alumna I would still say Manchester but I honestly think that they are close enough for you to decide on your feelings about the place and the staff during a visit

Thank you for your answer.All the national ranking tables say that lancaster is better(which based on students views) but the global say that manchester far better(which based on research and nobel prizes winners).Because i am not from uk do you know which tables British people take into consideration because i want to find job there?
Reply 3
Original post by theos1
Thank you for your answer.All the national ranking tables say that lancaster is better(which based on students views) but the global say that manchester far better(which based on research and nobel prizes winners).Because i am not from uk do you know which tables British people take into consideration because i want to find job there?

Ah, ok

Manchester is part of the Russell Group which still holds a great deal of respect amongst UK students ... it is an older university too ... I studied Maths there in the early 80s and loved it

Lancaster is newer but not too new and has a growing reputation

One consideration may be the environment - Manchester is a big city with a massive students population - Lancaster is not

Quick Reply

Latest