The Student Room Group

Lancaster vs Birmingham - Business/management course!

I have the following offers:
lancaster - MSC MANAGEMENT
Birmingham - MSC INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS

Which one should I go for? I am personally quite confused because both these courses are pretty good. PLEASE HELP!
Original post by Aredherring

Which one should I go for? I am personally quite confused because both these courses are pretty good. PLEASE HELP!

Hi @Aredherring,

I'm a 3rd year UoB student so maybe I can help a bit! I think that you should consider what else you would want out of a university if both the courses look good. I visited Lancaster way back when, and it seemed much quieter/smaller than Birmingham with the campus out of town, whereas Birmingham campus is within the city but not the city centre itself. Birmingham I know always has plenty of societies, or sports clubs to join. The campus is really pretty and it's a quick ten minute train to the city centre if you want to explore. I think the thing that people forget is that Birmingham is a big city, whether it feels like it or not. I believe the university gives you a good chance to experience smaller city living in a big city. Sometimes, it feels like everything is contained within the bubble of the university until you step outside to go out to the centre or somewhere else.

I hope this answer helps a bit!

~Caitlin~
Original post by Aredherring

Hi @Aredherring,

Congratulations on your offers! I am a current BSc Hons Marketing Management Student at Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) so please feel free to ask me any questions to get to know more about Lancaster!

I visited around 10 Universities a few years ago and once I visited Lancaster, I knew it was the place for me. I have been really impressed with LUMS, from the teaching to the fantastic new LUMS building, course structure and flexibility with modules and the variety in assignments from essays, reports, presentations, group work and exams. I am sure this would be similar experience for you if you choose to study the Masters at Lancaster. Within LUMS, we also have our own dedicated careers team who offer 24/7 support online and through 1:1 meetings and also career workshops with industry speakers.

Have you been able to visit the campus? If not, then I would recommend you check out this virtual tour. The campus is set in beautiful countryside and is only a short 10 minute bus ride into the city where there are plenty of bars, cafes, theatres, lovely parks and canals to walk through. There is also a train station which makes it so easy to visit the Lake District for the day or larger cities like Manchester and London. I have loved living and studying in Lancaster. The campus itself has so much to offer from shops, pizza restaurant, deli, burger bar, Chinese restaurant, cafes, smoothie bar, library, learning zone, hotel, sports centre, swimming pool, woodland walk and so much more! There is always something to do!

Please let me know if you have any more questions about Lancaster, I would be happy to help or put you in contact with a Postgraduate Student.

Wishing you the best of luck with your future studies!

Have a good day :smile:.

Rebecca
Final Year BSc Hons Marketing Management Student
Can we get Caitlin and Rebecca in a room together and have them fight it out?
For the help of OP of course... o_o
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @Aredherring,
Congratulations on your offers! I am a current BSc Hons Marketing Management Student at Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) so please feel free to ask me any questions to get to know more about Lancaster!
I visited around 10 Universities a few years ago and once I visited Lancaster, I knew it was the place for me. I have been really impressed with LUMS, from the teaching to the fantastic new LUMS building, course structure and flexibility with modules and the variety in assignments from essays, reports, presentations, group work and exams. I am sure this would be similar experience for you if you choose to study the Masters at Lancaster. Within LUMS, we also have our own dedicated careers team who offer 24/7 support online and through 1:1 meetings and also career workshops with industry speakers.
Have you been able to visit the campus? If not, then I would recommend you check out this virtual tour. The campus is set in beautiful countryside and is only a short 10 minute bus ride into the city where there are plenty of bars, cafes, theatres, lovely parks and canals to walk through. There is also a train station which makes it so easy to visit the Lake District for the day or larger cities like Manchester and London. I have loved living and studying in Lancaster. The campus itself has so much to offer from shops, pizza restaurant, deli, burger bar, Chinese restaurant, cafes, smoothie bar, library, learning zone, hotel, sports centre, swimming pool, woodland walk and so much more! There is always something to do!
Please let me know if you have any more questions about Lancaster, I would be happy to help or put you in contact with a Postgraduate Student.
Wishing you the best of luck with your future studies!
Have a good day :smile:.
Rebecca
Final Year BSc Hons Marketing Management Student
Hi,
Can you please give me the insight of placement after MSc.Finance from Lancaster university.
My daughter got offer letter from Lancaster university for MSc.Finance .She is planning to take admission (September intake).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending