The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by So Instinct
Agree with this. People say there is no class in football, but comparing scenarios like this shows there evidently is place for class within the individuals who play it.

Yea it's the little things that matter in these situations. A casual little bit of eye contact with Sherwood and Les Ferdinand and a firm 'leave it' wave of the hand to Sagna was enough to calm everybody down. Mourinho would have come out running with both hands in the air and manic eyes, honestly. Then he wonders why he is sent off when he is always in the middle of these circuses?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3981
Thierry Henry :blush:

Original post by Zürich
Yea it's the little things that matter in these situations. A casual little bit of eye contact with Sherwood and Les Ferdinand and a firm 'leave it' wave of the hand to Sagna was enough to calm everybody down. Mourinho would have come out running with both hands in the air and manic eyes, honestly.

Without a doubt, he'd be throwing up invisible cards at players and the lot. But then Mou is a drama queen, needs the limelight for his ego.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by baconbutty
why can't arsenal fans have a mature discussion lol.....

Because Arsenal fans like frying bacon. It's fun.

giphy.gif
Original post by 419
I can see us struggling to finish in top 4.

I actually can't. Imho I think we have fairly decent shot at the league and if we win/draw at Chelsea then we have like a 90% chance.
Original post by stuffsgrooveyman
I actually can't. Imho I think we have fairly decent shot at the league and if we win/draw at Chelsea then we have like a 90% chance.

90% chance if you win/draw vs chelsea this is why people struggle to take you seriously
90% chance if you win/draw vs chelsea this is why people struggle to take you seriously

Tbf I don't take myself seriously so go ahead...I'll carry on frying the bacon.
painfully unfunny
Reply 3988

It's not a mature discussion when you regularly come on this thread with nothing but comments that are insulting and negetive. Your comments seems to ask for an argument, and that's what you get. Then you start accusing Arsenal fans of god knows what
Original post by SHOO
It's not a mature discussion when you regularly come on this thread with nothing but comments that are insulting and negetive. Your comments seems to ask for an argument, and that's what you get. Then you start accusing Arsenal fans of god knows what

I raise relevant topics and points to do with arsenal it's not my fault you can't take criticism
Reply 3990
I raise relevant topics and points to do with arsenal it's not my fault you can't take criticism

Nah it's not that - don't try call what you do criticsm. I've always said I wouldn't get involved with any one your discussions but lets do this today.

I've realised that your first comment after an arsenal game is always provocative and will always tick someone off. You ask for it, and luckily you always end up getting it. You get to someone on here, then it's a 5 hour plus discussion starting at that provocative comment of yours and ending at somewhere bizzare.

I'm not trying to pick an argument here, right, but if you look at that guy Luke for example - when he says what he does, even if it is negative he doesn't seem to get into an argument as much. You ever wondered why? As it happens, he raised exactly the same points as you did and for some reason, your comment gets jumped upon. It's not what you say it's how you say it. If you wish to have a productive discussion here then I'm sure you're aware of how to start one constructively, and not provocatively.
Original post by SHOO
Nah it's not that - don't try call what you do criticsm. I've always said I wouldn't get involved with any one your discussions but lets do this today.

I've realised that your first comment after an arsenal game is always provocative and will always tick someone off. You ask for it, and luckily you always end up getting it. You get to someone on here, then it's a 5 hour plus discussion starting at that provocative comment of yours and ending at somewhere bizzare.

I'm not trying to pick an argument here, right, but if you look at that guy Luke for example - when he says what he does, even if it is negative he doesn't seem to get into an argument as much. You ever wondered why? As it happens, he raised exactly the same points as you did and for some reason, your comment gets jumped upon. It's not what you say it's how you say it. If you wish to have a productive discussion here then I'm sure you're aware of how to start one constructively, and not provocatively.

sorry i don't know what you're talking about
Reply 3992
sorry i don't know what you're talking about

Oh my lord why did I even try :/

All I wanted to say is that if you want to have a constructive conversation - even if it starts with crticism, then do so but in a less provocative way. There are a lot of non arsenal fans on here that we all get along with pretty well, regardless of what they say.

I don't really give your comments any significance but the ones that do evidently get pissed off :/

Just thought id give it a try lol
Original post by SHOO
Oh my lord why did I even try :/

All I wanted to say is that if you want to have a constructive conversation - even if it starts with crticism, then do so but in a less provocative way. There are a lot of non arsenal fans on here that we all get along with pretty well, regardless of what they say.

I don't really give your comments any significance but the ones that do evidently get pissed off :/

Just thought id give it a try lol

i think the jist of what you're trying to say is i need to dumb my posts down to accommodate the vast majority of people who post in this topic. Suggestion noted.
Reply 3994
i think the jist of what you're trying to say is i need to dumb my posts down to accommodate the vast majority of people who post in this topic. Suggestion noted.

Its just that you seem to have this reputation on here that will only allow you to argue with most of the posters on here.

Personally, some of the things that you say I actually agree with - and I don't have much of a problem with you. I randomly quoted you tonight because it would be nice if your comments are taken more seriously by other posters on here so that you can actually have a mature discussion as you said yourself earlier.

Just.. to do so.. you may need to be a bit less provocative in what you say and how you say it that's all

Appreciate you noting the suggestion though :smile:
Original post by nase14_aldayz
Just seen it on his facebook page :smile:

Haha yeah! :biggrin:

Lol coming from you, that's rich loool
If the first thing you feel the need to do after a game is get online and make provocative negative comments in order to get a reaction from opposition fans, then you really need to reevaluate your life.

And the fact that you can provoke a reaction from a bunch of retards is not really an achievement to be proud of either.

But w/e, I'm putting the trolls and the kids back on ignore anyway since I realise I'm derailing the thread myself now.

Good result today. Horrible game to watch but I don't really care, we had half our best players out and we got the three points we needed. On to Stamford bridge.
if Mourinho isn't on the touchline for the game v Arsenal, then he'll still have an unbeaten home record if Chelsea lose.
Original post by stuffsgrooveyman

I wouldn't say 90% chance if we draw. The key for me is to avoid defeat next week and beat City. We do that we have a decent chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest