The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There's a real lack of wc strikers atm I would take a punt on balotelli tbf and maybe someone like pato for <10mil.

Striker, CDM and rb/cb are most important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:rofl: guess who owns those accounts :wink:

Lol, you own them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
Lol, you own them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah not me but I know the person who does quite well
Original post by Numan786
There's a real lack of wc strikers atm I would take a punt on balotelli tbf and maybe someone like pato for <10mil.

Striker, CDM and rb/cb are most important.

Posted from TSR Mobile

if wenger can tame balo, omdaiiiiiiiiiiz, allow pato though. I would also want a solid CDM no half ass flamini ting again. i really hope sagna doesn't leave and tbf i dont want verm to leave but he deserves to be getting 1st team football probably.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Nah not me but I know the person who does quite well

Does he happen to be a 10 year old? Because the grammar and spelling on some pictures are quite ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
if wenger can tame balo, omdaiiiiiiiiiiz, allow pato though. I would also want a solid CDM no half ass flamini ting again. i really hope sagna doesn't leave and tbf i dont want verm to leave but he deserves to be getting 1st team football probably.

I almost get the feeling the AW may not be here next season. Gazidis said that he was going to get a new deal last month making it public so why hasn't he signed and it been confirmed yet? I think AW is waiting to see what happens come the end of the season, if we finish trophy-less I wouldn't be surprised if he left.
Reply 986
Original post by Peggles_*
I almost get the feeling the AW may not be here next season. Gazidis said that he was going to get a new deal last month making it public so why hasn't he signed and it been confirmed yet? I think AW is waiting to see what happens come the end of the season, if we finish trophy-less I wouldn't be surprised if he left.

I think they're waiting until the other deals are done so that they can announce them all at once. AW said he had already informed the players of his future, so I guess it is decided and it will not hinge on this season's success.

i dont think he would leave unless he retires tbh, it would hurt my heart to see him at another big club. scared of doing a united too.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
i dont think he would leave unless he retires tbh, it would hurt my heart to see him at another big club. scared of doing a united too.

We've already been doing a United for a while though, we've been mediocre for a while (some would say last 9 years) and United have only just started experiencing that due to a change of manager now, Moyes will get it right, maybe not this season or the next, but he will. I do think the board would see what has happened to United as some sort of warning and actually look for a replacement who can do the job instantly. The general consensus amongst Arsenal fans would be that Klopp would be the guy. I'm inclined to agree, I feel that him and Dortmund have peaked and with the all concouring Bayern storming to the league title, I don't see them or the rest of the Bundesliga catching up anytime soon tbh so many the challenge of actually addressing the issues in a team that are so clear Stevie Wonder could see them, would appeal to him.

I need to clarify, I'm not 'Wenger Out' but more 'Wenger, I'm not entirely sure what you are doing and feel you may have missed a trick here and as a result have to be accountable for that, rather than rewarded!'
Reply 989
The general consensus amongst Arsenal fans would be that Klopp would be the guy. I'm inclined to agree, I feel that him and Dortmund have peaked and with the all concouring Bayern storming to the league title, I don't see them or the rest of the Bundesliga catching up anytime soon tbh so many the challenge of actually addressing the issues in a team that are so clear Stevie Wonder could see them, would appeal to him.

No, he won't come. He has just extended his contract and he will see it out, he has never broken any of his contracts and he won't for Arsenal either, especially if it means abandoning his own long-term project when it's only just getting started. He will be a Wenger at Dortmund, not somewhere else.
Bayern is not a problem that has suddenly arisen either, Bayern have always dominated the BuLi and did when Klopp took over. He was well aware of that when he did and when he extended his contract.
(edited 10 years ago)
We've already been doing a United for a while though, we've been mediocre for a while (some would say last 9 years) and United have only just started experiencing that due to a change of manager now, Moyes will get it right, maybe not this season or the next, but he will. I do think the board would see what has happened to United as some sort of warning and actually look for a replacement who can do the job instantly. The general consensus amongst Arsenal fans would be that Klopp would be the guy. I'm inclined to agree, I feel that him and Dortmund have peaked and with the all concouring Bayern storming to the league title, I don't see them or the rest of the Bundesliga catching up anytime soon tbh so many the challenge of actually addressing the issues in a team that are so clear Stevie Wonder could see them, would appeal to him.

I need to clarify, I'm not 'Wenger Out' but more 'Wenger, I'm not entirely sure what you are doing and feel you may have missed a trick here and as a result have to be accountable for that, rather than rewarded!'

I am sure that he has signed a contract but the board have been smart enough not to make it public during mid-season because you know how the media are.
Original post by qua
No. He won't come. He has jusr extended his contract and he will see it out, he has never broken any of his contracts and he won't for Arsenal either, especially if it means abandoning his own long-term projecr when it's only getting started.

That's unfortunate! I see the club getting that Dragan Stojković guy. He was sacked by Grampus 8 in December but he's always been touted as the successor to Arsene because they have similar philosophies and such.
Original post by little_tom
I am sure that he has signed a contract but the board have been smart enough not to make it public during mid-season because you know how the media are.

But that's ridiculous giving him a new contract HALF WAY through the season when he hasn't done anything to warrant it, surely seeing as his contract was running out, this would have been the perfect opportunity to judge him come the end of the season?
Reply 993
But that's ridiculous giving him a new contract HALF WAY through the season when he hasn't done anything to warrant it, surely seeing as his contract was running out, this would have been the perfect opportunity to judge him come the end of the season?

I think for all his mistakes this season it's not time to judge him yet. The past years have been all about regaining financial stability after the Emirates move, a process that meant various setbacks on the transfer front (losing your best players). Now this season was probably the first where the funds were there, no big player left and a world class signing was added, so AW's project is only just getting started really. Now, the squad is young with loads of potential, has added some big name attraction in Özil and only needs a few signings to be considered an absolute top team. Of course one could argue that AW ****ed up in the transfer window and thus took a gamble on the title (and rightly so), but then again, you could say that Arsenal weren't the most attractive of destinations last summer and those deals that looked likely didn't work out for other reasons. Now as superfluous as the Özil signing may have been, it gave you a bit of lost attraction back, so in fact that signing could prove essential next transfer window. It will all depend on what AW does in the next transfer window and whether he shows intent to take the next step, in which case you could give him the benefit of the doubt for messing up last summer. If not, then I'm at my wits' end too. Highly doubt he will not get anyone in though, I'm pretty sure he promised Özil he will sign a few players when he lured him to Arsenal.

So long story short, I think AW deserves at least another season (or two) to prove whether he's capable of sailing the ship now that he's built it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 994
I'm leaning on the wenger will not sign on side as well. A lot of **** doesn't make sense. Gazidis said he's signed but waiting for the right time to announce it. Now 1) If he has truly signed, are you not announcing that he has signed and taken away to PR angle you want to paint with it? 2) Surely the right time is ASAP because it gives us the continuum of one the the pro of having wenger at the club- continuity and stability.

So when is this right time? The time that the media are likely to be most positive about this? Surely that was when we were comfortable at the top. Imo, the media doesn't really come to play into this. Wenger imo has lost all respect for the english media so I doubt he GAF about what story they write. He also knows that they'll go with whatever angle they want to go with the announcement. Most have probably already written the story up. You'd like to assume/ be sure that Gazidis and his cult know this as well.

Nothing is consistent or logical about the the noise coming from the club. Neither do I buy the we're waiting for others to sign angle. Wenger signing on shouldn't be linked to what Tommy or Sagna decide to do- as much as I love those 2 players, they're not even close to Arsene's importance-seriously man, give the guy a lifelong contract and lets keep finishing 4th. Yeah, I'm up for that. It'll be the worst day ever when he leaves- well except for the WAB, AST and TBSM.
Reply 995
Again Giroud?! Really?!!

Aww, did he tell you that you were the only one and special? :sad:
Reply 996
Original post by Straight up G
I remember you criticising those people that were writing Liverpool off. For that reason I've always been cordial with you because you, unlike most of the fans on this thread, are not immeasurably gassed up. But you're wrong lol. Watch us **** up Old Trafford and then batter Cardiff lol. If and when that happens, you'll take us seriously as title contenders I hope.

Glad to see that you only enjoy people that're positive about Liverpool. That's like what living in a microcosm. I criticised those people because the argument they were using is stupid and illogical. I used the same argument to criticise Liverpool fans back in the days when they thought because of your title winning 'form' in back end of 2010-2011 season meant you were going to be title challengers in 2011-2012. People really seem to struggle to grasp how peril this game is and things don't really work how they're supposed to. Something you will find out in coming weeks.
Original post by little_tom

Doesn't even apply. Funny it seems everyone say we talk about history but I rarely see it, if anything others do more.
Original post by 419
I'm leaning on the wenger will not sign on side as well. A lot of **** doesn't make sense. Gazidis said he's signed but waiting for the right time to announce it. Now 1) If he has truly signed, are you not announcing that he has signed and taken away to PR angle you want to paint with it? 2) Surely the right time is ASAP because it gives us the continuum of one the the pro of having wenger at the club- continuity and stability.

So when is this right time? The time that the media are likely to be most positive about this? Surely that was when we were comfortable at the top. Imo, the media doesn't really come to play into this. Wenger imo has lost all respect for the english media so I doubt he GAF about what story they write. He also knows that they'll go with whatever angle they want to go with the announcement. Most have probably already written the story up. You'd like to assume/ be sure that Gazidis and his cult know this as well.

Nothing is consistent or logical about the the noise coming from the club. Neither do I buy the we're waiting for others to sign angle. Wenger signing on shouldn't be linked to what Tommy or Sagna decide to do- as much as I love those 2 players, they're not even close to Arsene's importance-seriously man, give the guy a lifelong contract and lets ekeep finishing 4th. Yeah, I'm up for that. It'll be the worst day ever when he leaves- well except for the WAB, AST and TBSM.

Tbh, Wenger is a world class manager and he'll get it right (will win trophies) although time is running out. He's done great in keeping Arsenal qualifying for the champs league and knock out stages on a shoestring budget and if he's given more money in the summer surely he'll spend to make Arsenal's striking department better and possibly another RB since Sagna looks like he isn't staying beyond this summer. As a United fan, I really do want Wenger to succeed, its just sad watching a world class manager whose contributed so much to Arsenal's history being mocked at (especially Mou's dig at him being trophy less for 8 years). But the question is, has Wenger done enough this season to show Arsenal can win trophies (still in the PL race more or less and FA cup)? The answer is no, Arsenal's season started off so brightly and seemed to slow down now. Arsenal's next 5 PL fixtures are difficult and I expect them to be out the PL race come the end of March. But then who would replace Wenger? Klopp? That's a no since you'll have to wait til 2018 as he said he'll honour his contract. De Boer? He has similar philosophies to Wenger in terms of style of play and he seems a good option. Although Arsenal only have to look across to Manchester to see the effect of losing a long term manager and stability that could impact the club (although Moyes really is ****).
Reply 999
Original post by So Instinct
Doesn't even apply. Funny it seems everyone say we talk about history but I rarely see it, if anything others do more.

Maybe not you, but almost every Liverpool fan I talk to does

Latest