The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straight up G
So you'd take someone who scores a 25 yard rocket out of nowhere once or twice a year ahead of someone who will get you 13 goals a season on average?

no but i would take a guy who can pass, beat a man/ dribble and has incredible fitness and work rate over pace + finishing in the wings

as a striker it is another story.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
I'd rather argue for neither and just have Suarez.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol that's a privilege Arsenal will never have...
Original post by Simplythebest...
no but i would take a guy who can pass, beat a man/ dribble and has incredible fitness and work rate over pace + finishing in the wings

as a striker it is another story.

Walcott can do all of those, and they don't add upto the 10 goals a season that Walcott gives you. Not to mention the significant tactical advantage of a) opposition left back sitting deep and ****ting himself, and b) the whole back four sitting deep and ****ting themselves that is provided by Walcott playing.
Reply 1383
lol that's a privilege Arsenal will never have...

Waheyyyyyyy :wink:

Are they still moaning about that contract thing?
I've kinda lost interest now - it's not like we're gonna be forced to sell him to arsenal; it's too late now that his value has more or less doubled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Walcott can do all of those, and they don't add upto the 10 goals a season that Walcott gives you. Not to mention the significant tactical advantage of a) opposition left back sitting deep and ****ting himself, and b) the whole back four sitting deep and ****ting themselves that is provided by Walcott playing.

I disagree i do not think he is on the same level as Willian im any those departments

either way Carlos Mane > both.
I'd rather argue for neither and just have Suarez.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't quite remember talking about Liverpool or Suarez in this conversation but I shouldn't expect anything less from you lot, incredibly Liverpool-Centric even when it doesn't concern you! :rolleyes:

The ORIGINAL conversation was about Walcott, no Suarez, no Sterling, no Sturridge, none of the bmt.

You have your own thread to discuss how you are the greatest thing since sliced bread so feel free to do such activities there x

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
You forget how good a finisher Theo is!! Number 25 is just amazing, he took so early!

I miss him so much! :frown: At least, Rambo will be back soon!

Some of these finishes are just :sogood: Giroud can't finish like this.
Reply 1387
People still don't understand Walcott. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1388
Original post by Simplythebest...
I disagree i do not think he is on the same level as Willian im any those departments

either way Carlos Mane > both.

A nobody 19 year old that's barely played any professional football is better. Yh I see your fifa/ fm logic.

Please tell about how you Portuguese football everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1389
So you'd take someone who scores a 25 yard rocket out of nowhere once or twice a year ahead of someone who will get you 13 goals a season on average?

Willian ain't even a winger.

We play him there but that's not his main role. He's a playmaker, just has been shunted to the wing by Mourinho and made to track back. Quality player, but his goals tally doesn't match up to it and never has, better footballer than Walcott, but it depends on what you want from the guy and the system. Similar to my Lampard/Gerrard vs Scholes argument.

Walcott to me is similar to Schurrle, needed for the system and gets goals because of his role. Teams will try to narrow down so he'll stretch the pitch, then they'll make runs inbetween the fullback and the CB. If Arsenal had a source of goals that isn't just Ramsey, then I'd say Willian would be a better guy to have.
Reply 1390
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Willian ain't even a winger.

We play him there but that's not his main role. He's a playmaker, just has been shunted to the wing by Mourinho and made to track back. Quality player, but his goals tally doesn't match up to it and never has, better footballer than Walcott, but it depends on what you want from the guy and the system. Similar to my Lampard/Gerrard vs Scholes argument.

Walcott to me is similar to Schurrle, needed for the system and gets goals because of his role. Teams will try to narrow down so he'll stretch the pitch, then they'll make runs inbetween the fullback and the CB. If Arsenal had a source of goals that isn't just Ramsey, then I'd say Willian would be a better guy to have.

Ooooo don't know about that bro

Though I find Willian to be such a slick player, I don't think him and Walcott can be compared.

Willian as you said is a playmaker and not a winger, I love Willians work rate but I think Walcott is more effective as a winger. I'm sure Willian would be more effective in the centre, if compared to Walcott in the centre
Reply 1391
Don't quite remember talking about Liverpool or Suarez in this conversation but I shouldn't expect anything less from you lot, incredibly Liverpool-Centric even when it doesn't concern you! :rolleyes:

The ORIGINAL conversation was about Walcott, no Suarez, no Sterling, no Sturridge, none of the bmt.

You have your own thread to discuss how you are the greatest thing since sliced bread so feel free to do such activities there x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bitter much?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Love this guy saying sterling is better than Walcott based "on form". So a couple months back when messi was injured, sterling was better than messi! (On form!!)
Reply 1393

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL typical Liverpool fans eh?

Normal human: "OMG I can't believe I missed my bus"

Liverpool fan replies: "Yeah but if it was Sterling thoooo he would have caught it with his pace. That's why Walcott and co are ****, and Wenger hasn't won a trophy and he's stupid for the £40m + £1 thing. Haha #Coutinho over Cazorla.. Dun kno, hold tite the Mandem on the myspace. YNWA"

Normal human: "Daaaa faq?!"
Reply 1394
Original post by Arturo Bandini
Love this guy saying sterling is better than Walcott based "on form". So a couple months back when messi was injured, sterling was better than messi! (On form!!)

That's irrelavent.
The usefulness of a player changes with form.

As the old saying goes; form is temporary, class is permanent.

Basically, Walcott is a better player if you ignore form.
However at the moment, sterling is a more useful player to use in a single game of football (comparing if Walcott was fit of course)

There you go, a guide to form...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1395
Original post by SHOO
LOL typical Liverpool fans eh?

Normal human: "OMG I can't believe I missed my bus"

Liverpool fan replies: "Yeah but if it was Sterling thoooo he would have caught it with his pace. That's why Walcott and co are ****, and Wenger hasn't won a trophy and he's stupid for the £40m + £1 thing. Haha #Coutinho over Cazorla.. Dun kno, hold tite the Mandem on the myspace. YNWA"

Normal human: "Daaaa faq?!"

How arsenal of you.

I constantly say this - I truly respect and like your team; your financial efficiency is the best in the world in my opinion, the way you always finish so high but barely spend compared to those above you.

However sometimes your fans annoy me.
And yes, Liverpool fans can be annoying too - this season more so than ever.

But than you really blame us for being a little excited that our team "might" finally be returning to top level football?

Since you've been so consistent, you don't know how it feels as a fan to see your team decline. So rapidly.
And now to see them getting back up, yes we're excited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1396
That's irrelavent.
The usefulness of a player changes with form.

As the old saying goes; form is temporary, class is permanent.

Basically, Walcott is a better player if you ignore form.
However at the moment, sterling is a more useful player to use in a single game of football (comparing if Walcott was fit of course)

There you go, a guide to form...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you keep bringing up Liverpool in the arsenal thread?
Reply 1397
Original post by -bill-
Why do you keep bringing up Liverpool in the arsenal thread?

Because we were comparing Walcott to other players and since sterling is a Liverpool player, they were bound o be mentioned.

To be honest, relax a little - I don't explode when somebody mentions united or Chelsea in the Liverpool thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1398
I'd like to call pot kettle black to Arsenal fans parring off Liverpool fans. Every single thing that Liverpool fans pride themselves on besides being fiscally responsible Arsenal fans talk about the same thing.

That's all I have to say on the mata.
Reply 1399
Because we were comparing Walcott to other players and since sterling is a Liverpool player, they were bound o be mentioned.

To be honest, relax a little - I don't explode when somebody mentions united or Chelsea in the Liverpool thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm perfectly relaxed bro:rolleyes:

I'm only asking because the last time I posted in here 2 days ago you were talking about Sterling/Liverpool.

Latest