The Student Room Group

Useful maths websites?

S-cool is great and all but maths isn't really an easy subject to be motivated about enough to just read through. For me anyway. Any websites you know of that will work, perhaps something with videos? I'm doing A level maths. Maybe a website a bit less serious. Or should I just suck it up and read?
my maths and mathsnetalevel are really good... theyre what i used anyway.... or also there are some really good text books which are really cheap to buy which are amazing!! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Level-Maths-Essentials-Core-CD-ROM/dp/0582836522/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1393494340&sr=1-5&keywords=ocr+c2

this is a link to one of those books for ocr c2 but they do do them for other exam boards too :smile:
Reply 2
Examsoultions.net is brilliant. I've used hegarty maths and marhs247 too, but I prefer examsoultions.

If you're doing edexcel, he has worked solutions to most past paper questions from 2007/6 onwards.

If you're doing OCR (non Mei), he is just starting to put up worked solutions.
Reply 3
This website is brilliant (Examsolutions.net), I'm doing A2 maths (OCR MEI) this year and thought it wouldn't be good without the worked solutions.
I was wrong!
Anything you don't understand in the spec is all on the website with videos to go with it haha, cheers man! :biggrin:
Reply 4
I'm beginning to think tsr has something against examsoultions. He was banned from the forum. I posted a link to one of his videos and got a warning. The link to his website was removed from the helpful links section. People who must be aware of the site (because they've commented in threads in which the site had been mentioned) and must be aware of the fact that it's far superior to other sites still recommend other sites.

He has a YouTube and Facebook page you can post on, that way he'll be able to see your comment. He also accepts donations which go towards running the site.

Original post by j0shyouare
This website is brilliant (Examsolutions.net), I'm doing A2 maths (OCR MEI) this year and thought it wouldn't be good without the worked solutions.
I was wrong!
Anything you don't understand in the spec is all on the website with videos to go with it haha, cheers man! :biggrin:
another great website currently under construction is...

www.mathematics-solutions.co.uk

It has the Edexcel solution banks online!!!
and has promised to upload more worked solutions

Quick Reply

Latest