The Student Room Group

How should i be revising for maths?

I'm wondering how i should be revising for maths. Are there any websites you would recommend or other methods i can use. Something that i can do consistantly if possible. Thanks
Original post by CatSquid
I'm wondering how i should be revising for maths. Are there any websites you would recommend or other methods i can use. Something that i can do consistantly if possible. Thanks

Dr.frost math is a good website I used quite a bit for a levels, doing the challenge questions from ur textbook is good too.

The best way to revise maths is just to keep practising and doing loads of questions. Physics and maths tutor is a good website with past paper questions by topic that you can use
Reply 3
Original post by burntcherrio
Dr.frost math is a good website I used quite a bit for a levels, doing the challenge questions from ur textbook is good too.

I'll check the website out. Thanks for the suggestion
Reply 4
Original post by Teribblestudent
The best way to revise maths is just to keep practising and doing loads of questions. Physics and maths tutor is a good website with past paper questions by topic that you can use

heard about physics and maths tutor, i'll be sure to check it out though.Thanks for the help
Reply 5
heard about physics and maths tutor, i'll be sure to check it out though.Thanks for the help

An overview/revision guide is useful to review from time to time so something like
https://m4ths.com/uploads/3/5/2/1/35219558/lite_book_-_free_copy.pdf
but there are numerous cgp/corbett cards/... other ones you could pick. Though as above, hitting questions/exam papers and reflecting on what you get wrong/stuck is the most important thing.
Reply 6
Original post by mqb2766
An overview/revision guide is useful to review from time to time so something like
but there are numerous cgp/corbett cards/... other ones you could pick. Though as above, hitting questions/exam papers and reflecting on what you get wrong/stuck is the most important thing.

Thanks a ton for the link, useful for the questions i dont understand.
Reply 7

The GCSE Maths tutor does videos explaining different a-level topics, also physics and maths tutor, madasmaths, past papers, text book questions, and I use flash cards for my formulas to help me memorise them. And make sure to ask your teachers when you dont understand something. I also did things like end of unit/topic tests when I finished a chapter aswell as predicted and practice papers. If you look on physics and maths tutor they have questions sorted by topic aswell as their past papers so I would complete all of these aswell, (literally do every single possible question if you can.) These helped me get a predicted A* in both maths and further maths with overall scores of >90%. Any issues and i'd be happy to help.

Websites I've used/would recommend for revision: Maths Genie, Madasmaths, Physicsandmathstutor, ALevelMathsRevision, Studywise, Brainscape/quizlet (For formula flashcards), Revisely, Exam solutions and Crashmaths (leveled papers). I know its alot but I just used a mix mostly for a change up in exam questions or notes, but theres a few to try if any work best for you.
Original post by mqb2766

Thank you so much:smile:
Reply 9
questions questions questions. don't bother note taking (unless they really help you). consistency is key. if u aren't, you'll forget everything quickly. also memorise the required formulas. that being said, if you're consistently doing relevant questions regularly, they'll be ingrained in your memory anyway and it'll save you time in the exam too. also past paper questions. you'll get used to how they'll assess your understanding in the exam, way more than the textbook will.

u can get an easy A if you put the work in to really understand the content. trust me!
Reply 10
Physics and maths tutor is your best friend too! It's honestly the best website. examsolutions too.

Quick Reply

Latest