The Student Room Group

The Big Bang Theory has to be one of the worst sitcoms ever

Anyone who finds it funny is socially irrelevant.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In that case I must be socially irrelevant! So what do you find funny?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep. Cliched, stale BS that reuses the same jokes endlessly.

Jewish guy makes some pervy comment, Raj has no luck with women, Sheldon makes a 'hilarious' obscure feference to some nerdy **** and Leonard just...

That's pretty much the plot to every episode.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Can't stand the show.
Reply 4
Original post by majmuh24
Yep. Cliched, stale BS that reuses the same jokes endlessly.

Jewish guy makes some pervy comment, Raj has no luck with women, Sheldon makes a 'hilarious' obscure feference to some nerdy **** and Leonard just...

That's pretty much the plot to every episode.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Friends, on the other hand, is everything a sitcom should be. lol
I quite enjoy it, though this is in large part for a single bravura performance so obvious that I surely don't need specify. There's him and that character and then there's the rest of them.

Something that frequently strikes me in watching it, though, is that the whole business of being PC is plainly context-dependent. A lot of the jokes made at Raj's expense would seem very old-fashioned on a British tv show, except that they wouldn't get there.
I like it.
Original post by redbull55
Friends, on the other hand, is everything a sitcom should be. lol

LOL, Friends is a classic :biggrin:

I don't even have a problem with most American sitcoms, it's just this one that I hate :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by cambio wechsel
I quite enjoy it, though this is in large part for a single bravura performance so obvious that I surely don't need specify. There's him and that character and then there's the rest of them.

Something that frequently strikes me in watching it, though, is that the whole business of being PC is plainly context-dependent. A lot of the jokes made at Raj's expense would seem very old-fashioned on a British tv show, except that they wouldn't get there.

You enjoy it?! Oh Cambio. :frown:

I just don't find it funny. And Sheldon is one of the most annoying characters on a TV show I've ever watched.
Reply 9
Original post by majmuh24
LOL, Friends is a classic :biggrin:

I don't even have a problem with most American sitcoms, it's just this one that I hate :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Friends, among many other attributes, has well-developed characters. Something that can't be said for BBT
I used to find it funny and now it just irritates me. Leonard
just annoys me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by askew116
Friends, among many other attributes, has well-developed characters. Something that can't be said for BBT

Exactly, while BBT has the exact same bad jokes every episode with just a few different references. Sheldon pisses me off as well, he's just such a douche :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by MidnightDream
I used to find it funny and now it just irritates me. Leonard
just annoys me

Posted from TSR Mobile

It just annoys me how politically correct it is and how the whole show just portrays them as nerds in the most PC way ever.

It's boring. lol
Reply 13
I wouldn't go so far as to think others who find it funny are socially irrelevant but I can't stand the show myself. I think it tries too hard and the characters are too stereotypical for me. We watched a clip in biology last week (we were talking about motor neurone disease and it was a clip where Sheldon meets Stephen Hawking, who has the disease) and while most of the class was laughing along, I couldn't even crack a smile. It just does nothing for me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
I'd rather watch teleshopping.
Reply 15
I simply do not find any redeeming attributes in the show. It's dire.
I liked it at the start. It got **** when they ran out of ideas and brought in the secondary female characters. Much like Two & a half men, it should have ended years ago.

American Dad is the greatest show on TV at the moment.

Edit: Now it has spawned these douchey hipster kids who now claim to be interested in Science, comic books & games...
(edited 10 years ago)
started good, now its bad
Reply 18
At the start it was great, now it really isn't
Original post by Jamerson
I simply do not find any redeeming attributes in the show. It's dire.

I found only 2.

Quick Reply

Latest