The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Dear Stridey,
I was stupid enough to sign up for the NLP course through Mighty Deals. It consists of 3 ebooks and a couple of sheets of advice about reading body language.

TBH it's a load of festering hogwash with no support, no introductory video, no interactive forums - in fact no interaction. You're just left to work it out yourself; practice it all by yourself with no feedback and then complete the assessment at the end of the book which you send off once you're done. I wrote to them and phoned asking for help and received a link to some really bad Youtube films, obviously made by one of the teachers - but it doesn't teach you anything about NLP. It should really be called Centre of Incompetence because their courses are a pile of steaming horse turd

The only reason people do it is because you can get an accredited certificate at the end but what that's worth in terms of reputation - I have no idea. IMHO they are a bunch of cowboys who are after a quick buck. Do it if you want but be prepared to do it 100% alone
I have just bought a 200 hour Private investigator Training Course via Mighty Deals for £20. I read the whole thing through o=in less than an hour and would have done the "assessmnets in less than that. THe course is pure crap, and advises prospective PI's that most PI carry a gun but bit all. This is the UK for God's sake, i can't even own a pea shooter without getting jailled. I sent a e mail to their customer support stating that it was crap and got one back thanking me for the positive feedback, so I think their Customer Service dept is a robot, I may phone them in the morning to see if I can get a reply!. I have copied MD in to my mails so with luck they will drop this load of shysters from their otherwise very useful site
My advice, do not buy anything from this load of crooks!
Jim Stanley
hi i was looking at the NLP on-line course as well

is this the lot at Park Farm,Newton Hall Lane,Mobberley,Knutsford, Cheshire or the lot based in Manchester.
the names are so similar its confusing.
one of the worst experiences with centre of ecellenceone of the worst experiences with centre of ecellence !pay attention before you make the payments;after receiving the email that i pass The test in the morning, i received another email in the evening that says “unfotunetly YOU didnt pass “i asked them to explain me how is this possible but no one could explain me until this day;i asked them to give me the manager contact but they didn't bother to please me;i would not recommend
Reply 5
i have and believe ne their courses are not enough to make you a qualified professional in the field, i have proof that you cannot apply for indemnity insurance or be recognised at all, dont waste your money
Reply 6
i agree wasted my money too
I have just completed Massage therapist but have also bought NLP. Just waiting on my results. Don't let anyone tell you that you didn't work hard for it because they are quite in depth questions and you do have to learn as much as you would if you had gone to college and spent less hours doing it. I have really enjoyed mine and doing it on my own time as I had started it at college and just couldn't keep up with homework, assessments and class based closed exams at the same time as being carer for my husband and my mum being very ill. I still have those very same problems but I can take the course on my time and not on a college say so.
Reply 8
Hi everyone, I would like to do a CBT course, is Centre of Excellent a good online course? thanks in advance for any advise.
I was thinking about signing up for this, have you done the course yet and how did you find it?
Look i love the courses on center of excellence. I have shadow work diploma and the angel healing. Yes they make it simple and easy so you can pass and feel good about yourself. If you could use the courses to get a job i really dont know.... i think they are more for personal gain.
I purchased several of their courses on sale and then set out to complete them. I found them scattered, disorganized, sometimes off topic, and frequently found that content was directly copied from Wikipedia.

I sent feedback regarding that last and was told that 'oh, well, someone probably copied from us to wikipedia." And yet - the thing I had written about was a bit of fluff on wikipedia that was incorrect, and wikipedia was the only place on the web I could source that particular 'fact.'

These are not in any way comparable to a university course.

The instructions encourage you to research outside the course, to cite those sources in your exam responses. I have done so multiple times, including explicitly identifying 'the expected answer" and then citing reputation sources that clearly identify that answer as incorrect, then given the correct answer. Those responses get marked 'incorrect.'

They also repeatedly use copyrighted art work without attribution, which raises a lot of questions over whether they have actually licensed the works.

Latest