The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge - MPhil Advanced Computer Science - Entry 2021

Hi, all! I’ve created this thread to discuss Cambridge MPhil Advanced Computer Science, and to keep each other updated on the eternal wait that we seem doomed to endure. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was interviewed in Jan by my POI mentioned in my application; haven't heard back since.

On similar note, how do you guys think about ACS at Cambridge vs ACS at Oxford? Can't find much abt the differences besides someone saying Cambridge is more research-oriented. Would like to increase my sample size and see if others know more.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hey @FabulousTrifle0 thanks for creating this thread! Will be so much easier for all of us now!
Original post by FabulousTrifle0
I have no idea how to invite people to this thread. Hopefully, this will work: @Sfaradi, @yulisunny, @EdwardJCornel, @amy.stell5, @ol0gos, @utkarshsharma00, @saint_faisyon, @Shivam_Ag, @a64508, @the_student_2, @Kazemaru, @River7. Hopefully I've added everyone :smile:

Thank you for doing this mate :smile:
Reply 4
I have no idea how to invite people to this thread. Hopefully, this will work: @Sfaradi, @yulisunny, @EdwardJCornel, @amy.stell5, @ol0gos, @utkarshsharma00, @saint_faisyon, @Shivam_Ag, @a64508, @the_student_2, @Kazemaru, @River7. Hopefully I've added everyone :smile:

Thanks for creating the thread :h:

If anyone has any questions let me know - I've received my offer already.
Original post by River7
Thanks for creating the thread :h:

If anyone has any questions let me know - I've received my offer already.

Hey that's fantastic - congratulations on your offer!

How long after your interview did you get your offer?
Did you apply for funding?
Anyone here who applied in January but hasn't heard anything yet? (no interview) Someone posted about being waitlisted to be reviewed again in April rounds so perhaps those of us who applied after January will be put into that group.
Reply 7
Original post by Shivam_Ag
Hey that's fantastic - congratulations on your offer!

How long after your interview did you get your offer?
Did you apply for funding?

Thank you!

I had my interview in mid-November and received an offer in early January. So roughly 1.5 months after the interview.

Yes, I did apply for funding.
Original post by River7
Thank you!

I had my interview in mid-November and received an offer in early January. So roughly 1.5 months after the interview.

Yes, I did apply for funding.

Did they inform you via email about your offer? Or did your status changed slowly in the portal? (e.g. moved to PAO and then offer)

Btw, Thank you very much @FabulousTrifle0 for creating this thread!
Reply 9
Original post by saint_faisyon
Did they inform you via email about your offer? Or did your status changed slowly in the portal? (e.g. moved to PAO and then offer)

Btw, Thank you very much @FabulousTrifle0 for creating this thread!

They sent me an email that I had received an offer. The status then changed from PAO/GAO to offer.
Just received a rejection email from the department! All the best to the rest of you - hope you get in!
Original post by Shivam_Ag
Just received a rejection email from the department! All the best to the rest of you - hope you get in!

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you will have a successful career wherever you end up!
When did you apply if you don't mind me asking, and did you have an interview? I don't have high hopes myself to be honest.

Best of luck to you in your other applications/plans!
Original post by the_student_2
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you will have a successful career wherever you end up!
When did you apply if you don't mind me asking, and did you have an interview? I don't have high hopes myself to be honest.

Best of luck to you in your other applications/plans!

I applied in December, had my interview in early Feb.

Cheers!
@ol0gos @River7

Is it possible that you two can share your interview experience? What kinds of interview questions you got?

Thanks
Reply 14

Heya! Thanks for this thread! I'll let you guys know if I have any update
I know theres no way to really know this, but because it says on the postgrad faq that the majority of offers are made in February and March I'm wondering; what percentage of offers for Mphil ACS do you guys think have already been made? I've literally had no response and want to manage my expectations.
Just logged into my portal and it says "Unsuccessful - Your application has been unsuccessful."

Good luck everyone. I am going to Yale.
Original post by yulisunny
Just logged into my portal and it says "Unsuccessful - Your application has been unsuccessful."

Sorry to hear that. Was this after an interview?

I wish you good luck at Yale!
Original post by the_student_2
Sorry to hear that. Was this after an interview?

I wish you good luck at Yale!

Yeah, I did poorly, so not unexpected.
Original post by yulisunny

Hey there! Firstly, congrats on getting Yale! That's incredible.

Do you mind sharing when you had your interview?

I had mine recently, and i'm curious about how long it typically takes to receive an outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending