The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TLHroolz
Mine this year were from the 12th May to the 24th June :/

That's so grim, mine were from the 13th May to the 12th of June and I thought that was bad enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine this year were from the 12th May to the 24th June :/

Mine were from 13th May to 23rd May :colone: but 13th May was the worst day with 4 and a half hours of exams
6th May until 14th of June last year :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello again everybody ? :wavey: how have you been :-D
Mine was 19th may till the 16th of june. And my worst day was the 3rd june with 4 hours worth of exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Mine was 19th may till the 16th of june. And my worst day was the 3rd june with 4 hours worth of exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's such a pain, my longest day was 3 and a half hours but it was probably my two worst exams: English lot and fp1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
That's such a pain, my longest day was 3 and a half hours but it was probably my two worst exams: English lot and fp1

Posted from TSR Mobile

I regret not doing AS further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
Hello again everybody ? :wavey: how have you been :-D

Good thanks:tongue:, what've you been up to in the holidays?
That's so grim, mine were from the 13th May to the 12th of June and I thought that was bad enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

And next year looks like 13th May to 22nd June... Both Further Maths exams...
Original post by Red Fox
Good thanks:tongue:, what've you been up to in the holidays?

been on holiday to turkey just been doing some UKCAT Prep and nearing the end of my first draft of my PS :L

you ?
Original post by techno836
been on holiday to turkey just been doing some UKCAT Prep and nearing the end of my first draft of my PS :L

you ?

I was on Sutton Trust last week and I'm just relaxing this week, don't have a holiday planned though:frown:. Yeah my PS first draft is almost done too and good luck with the test:tongue:.
Reply 3991
I've got a lot to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep the further maths ones will stretch my exam season out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
I was on Sutton Trust last week and I'm just relaxing this week, don't have a holiday planned though:frown:. Yeah my PS first draft is almost done too and good luck with the test:tongue:.

What was the Summer School like?What university and course was it for?Mine is for Cambridge Maths on the 11-15th August, which isn't ideal as it runs over results day but I can check them on a computer at Emmanuel College.My seats have been booked next to people travelling from Sunderland to the Summer School, so that has relieved the stress a bit-I still have to find the train at Newcastle though.The Summer Schools seem to be pretty intensive at Cambridge, with little free time but it will put my mind of the results for the worst couple of days leading up to them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
What was the Summer School like?What university and course was it for?Mine is for Cambridge Maths on the 11-15th August, which isn't ideal as it runs over results day but I can check them on a computer at Emmanuel College.My seats have been booked next to people travelling from Sunderland to the Summer School, so that has relieved the stress a bit-I still have to find the train at Newcastle though.The Summer Schools seem to be pretty intensive at Cambridge, with little free time but it will put my mind of the results for the worst couple of days leading up to them.

Engineering at Cambridge. Breakfast is at 7:30 then registration is at half 8. You'll probably be in the department 9-5 but get 2 fifteen minute breaks and a 45 minute lunch. 5-6 is free time with dinner at 6 but then you have spare time again until the planned evening activity (normally half 7). Then after you have some more spare time from 9 till 11. There is quite a bit of free time just only one hour per day is allowed off college site so make the most of it. The only time really spent in your room will be sleeping.
Original post by Red Fox
Engineering at Cambridge. Breakfast is at 7:30 then registration is at half 8. You'll probably be in the department 9-5 but get 2 fifteen minute breaks and a 45 minute lunch. 5-6 is free time with dinner at 6 but then you have spare time again until the planned evening activity (normally half 7). Then after you have some more spare time from 9 till 11. There is quite a bit of free time just only one hour per day is allowed off college site so make the most of it. The only time really spent in your room will be sleeping.

I don't see why you would leave the college site?-that seems dangerous to me and unnecessary.If I go to Cambridge University I plan to pretty much stay on the site all term.9-5 is very intensive though isn't it.What content was taught there?What college?(Emmanuel?)
I don't see why you would leave the college site?-that seems dangerous to me and unnecessary.If I go to Cambridge University I plan to pretty much stay on the site all term.9-5 is very intensive though isn't it.What content was taught there?What college?(Emmanuel?)

You could use the time to have a look at some other colleges? I had some lectures on mechanics/materials and then 3 labs sessions so I'm not too sure what will happen on the Maths course. I was at St. John's.

Mine looks to be 20 May-24 June-I will have 17-19 exams plus resits.I will have 17 if I drop Physics or Geography and 19 if I keep both.The STEP exam dates haven't been released though and they are usually late, so will probably extend the exam season further.
Mine looks to be 20 May-24 June-I will have 17-19 exams plus resits.I will have 17 if I drop Physics or Geography and 19 if I keep both.The STEP exam dates haven't been released though and they are usually late, so will probably extend the exam season further.

How do you have so many exams?! I thought my 9 next year would be bad enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you have so many exams?! I thought my 9 next year would be bad enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do Maths then you get 3 exams per AS/A2 and that increases your number of exams massively, especially when I plan next year on taking Maths A2,Further Maths A2 and Additional Further Maths(AS+A2).Along with those I will take STEP I-III because my firm and insurance require STEP and then there will be 2 each for Physics and Geography but I will probably drop Geography.

Latest